Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Office treats your with no respect, like cattle show details Office treats your with no respect, like cattle
by alex on Dec 9th, 2014

HORRIBLE, got their early, front desk rude. They acted like they were doing me a favor. If you ask question they talk down to you. As a senior citizen I cannot recommend this office unless you like to be treated as if you have no value. They were not on schedule.

Apr 13th, 2014

Waited months for an appt., hours in the waiting room. Quite clear Dietz didn't look at my chart - same films different doctor spotted the fracture immediately. Can't decide if Dietz is lazy or incompetent. Maybe both.

HORRIBLE OFFICE! show details HORRIBLE OFFICE!
by Jane on Nov 7th, 2013

I have never been to a worse medical office before. There are no private rooms just curtains. You can hear what he is saying to each patient. NO PRIVACY. The doctor gave a wrong diagnosis to my boxers fracture hand. The office staff is the rudest that I have ever met. They schedule 8 people all at once. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Experience. LONG WAIT.

Mrs show details Mrs
by Jeaneane Landers on May 31st, 2013

Very busy office but great doctor! I had a carpel tunnel release and was back to normal activity with NO PAIN in days!! very good hand doctor worth the wait of this busy office

Total waste of time and money show details Total waste of time and money
May 7th, 2013

I waited four months for an appointment, then over 2 hours in the waiting room to see the doctor about pain in the palm of my hand. They took x-rays which he said looked "pretty good". Re: the pain, "Try rubbing it. Maybe that will make it feel better" (Doesn't everything?). Then he offered to operate on my non-existent carpal tunnel wrists. That took less than five minutes. Another doctor, and more x-rays. I was able to spot 2 huge bone spurs without them the doctor having to point them out. I'm not a stupid patient and refuse to be treated as such.

Dr. Dietz show details Dr. Dietz
Mar 27th, 2013

Long wait, staff very cold. Dr. Dietz is an excellent surgeon, but, if you're looking for a caring doctor and staff, don't go there.

Rude staff is the icing on the cake. show details Rude staff is the icing on the cake.
Oct 31st, 2012

Hours of waiting. Rude staff. No one says hello or even looks up when you walk in. Everyone is in such a hurry to get through multiple appointments scheduled at the same time. There is absolutely no attention to detail. They just seem to try to get you in and out. Dr. Deitz is very rough. Entire situation is just lacking. Would not recommend to friends or family.

Best hand surgeon in MI show details Best hand surgeon in MI
Jul 30th, 2012

Went to 3 other hand surgeons, all of which gave me an incorrect diagnosis. They all said I had a torn ligament and needed to rest my injured finger. Not able to tolerate the pain any further, I made an appt with Dr Dietz: he reviewed my old X-ray & MRI and quickly made the diagnosis of a benign bone tumor. Surgery was very smooth. I am 3 months post-op and feel great. The office is very busy and you may have a long wait, but he is the guy to see; well worth the wait.

Worst office show details Worst office
Jan 6th, 2012

The previous review is very accurate on the wait time. I waited 2 hours before seeing him and was told I was seen "fast." Partly because the doctors run behind and partly because they make a ton of appointments and just cram everyone in and make them wait. The office staff showed a indifferent attitude, probably because they were dealing with about 80 other patients at the same time. The supposedly great doctor spent maybe 60 seconds with me and couldn't have cared less. Told me, my pain and swelling seemed minium, which it was since I was on pain reliever and antinflamatory, I did record that but I don't even think he looked at my chart. This seemed typical of him since he saw 3 other patients in the same room as me and spent about the same amount of time with them and also lacked interest. He told me to come back in a month for a recheck, I will NOT do this. I don't want to support this horrible practice even if it is with my insurances money.

...usually runs 2-3 hours behind... show details ...usually runs 2-3 hours behind...
Nov 4th, 2010

I never got to see the doctor, James Dietz. I was taken to the exam area 35 minutes AFTER my scheduled appt time. The nurse told me that the dr. usually suns 2-3 hours behind schedule, and I was free to leave if I chose. After she began doing the intake, she told me there were a minimum of 5 patients head of me, again I am free to leave. So I left. I called and spoke to the office mgr who basically told me that I was lucky, and I don't understand how things work in an orthopedists office. That there is nothing wrong with 1. the delay and 2. not informiing patients upon arrival that the dr is running late. Matter of fact "..we don't want the front people telling patients that the doctor is running behind... upsets them...they may leave..."Hemay be a good dr; even as god the office manager proclaims, but I don't have 2.5-5 hours to spend waiting to find out.

Jul 31st, 2010

I have never met a more compassionate, dedicated doctor to his patients in a long time who will actually spent time with you explaining your procedure and answer any questions you might have about the surgery you are going to have done. He is an expert in his field and I would highly recommend him if you ever need hand or wrist surgery. Dr. Dietz he the new Marcus Welby of 2010.