James N Dillard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1
  • 20 reviews

January 1st, 2015
ii
if you need a report from your doctor about your condition, he won't take the time to write it, asked for a report ha blew up-out of control not professional at allhe has a tight comfort zone he's in ,won't stray for a patient...

October 22nd, 2014
patient
When I first met Dr.Dillard I had been to many local physicians who did not listen or really care about a surgical procedure that had gone wrong. I met this dr. through a referral of an acquaintance Over these past several years he knowledge and professionalism have truly safed my life from a complicated unusual near death problem I think he is the best physician I have ever had and will continue seeing him when you have found the best you don't look any further and that is what Dr.Dillard is to me and many others dill

February 15th, 2014
mixed
Dillard brands himself as an holistic doctor, but seems overly focused on what he specializes in. Dillard's seems knowledgeable, but it's more in traditional allopathic medicine than CAM. He really tries to be empathetic, but can be rude. He's acts like a commanding general and it doesn't seem like he likes to work too hard.

May 20th, 2013
The ONLY doctor who figured it out!
I'm a woman in my 80's. I recently had a stroke. The doctors in Southampton Hospital said I was fine, but my arm hurt after the stroke. I was referred to a neurologist, who saw me at the hospital. She said what I was feeling was normal after a stroke. Still, my arm hurt. So I saw another neurologist who had lofty credentials. He said physical therapy would take care of the pain. He then passed me off to someone in his "group" who specialized in pain management. All that doctor did was increase my pain medication. Finally at the urging of my son, I saw Dr. Dillard. My son has horrible headaches but they've gotten much better since he had seen Dillard. He swore by him. Headaches were one thing but I had a stroke! So I agreed to see him. I needed answers. I'm not getting any younger! I had a 1:15 appointment and he saw me at exactly 1:15! No waiting! I literally waited 3 hours past my appointment time to see the neurologist with the great reputation. Within minutes, Dr. Dillard did what NO OTHER DOCTOR DID; he diagnosed my pain! It was a post-stroke subluxation. Now I could give the physical therapists specific instructions on how to help me rehabilitate. Dr. Dillard was patient, kind, and incredibly effective! My insurance covered the visit. I give Dr. Dillard the highest recommendation possible! Things could not have gone better. He was wonderful! He was reassuring and kind, and gave me something equally as helpful. Dr. Dillard gave me peace of mind!

September 28th, 2012
No pain, HUGE gain!
Dr. Dillard was recommended to me by my dentist, as his wife, like myself, is a chronic headache sufferer. At the moment I don't have health insurance and I figured Dr. Dillard would be like the dozen or so specialists and neurologists I've seen since as far back as I can remember; get a prescription for painkillers and see me again in a month. Was I ever wrong, and I couldn't be happier about it! First, he assured me he'd work with me regarding my finances - that was one stress I didn't need with Cluster-Migraine Headaches. He was incredibly empathetic regarding the pain, and understood how disruptive it is to ones lifestyle. Unlike just about every other doctor, he focused in on what was CAUSING it, and what to do about it. He was able to move us closer to a solution after the FIRST VISIT! The continuing treatment helped get us closer to the finish line. But perhaps the biggest and best thing I've received while under Dr. Dillard's care was a change in mindset. Headaches have been the bane of my existence, and my entire day, my entire LIFE has been based around the reality of the pain I had, or the pain to come. Nowadays I don't think like that. I KNOW I can manage whatever comes my way, and the fear of headaches no longer exists. As one who has suffered with this for a lifetime, words cannot describe what that means to me!

July 11th, 2012
Rudest doctor you can find
This man is the rudest person I have ever encountered in my life. He has no respect for his patients or anyone else. Don't bother dealing with him, you can find much better doctors at a cheaper price. He will belittle you, degrade you, and probably leave you in a worse physical condition.

June 19th, 2012
Recommending Dr. Dillard
Ihave been treated by Dr. James Dillard since last year. I am fortunate enough to have extremely good net of physicians. Dr. Dillard was recommended to me by my general practitioner, Dr. Maurice Beer, whom I have known so long at we actually matured together. I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Beer for having recommended Dr. Dillard, when I encountered terrible back pain that had appeared periodically out of the blue. From our first meeting I knew that once again I had been lucky to find a doctor like Dr. Dillard. He is not only one of the most amazingly qualified doctors, but a caring person who truly wants to help and furthermore, who takes the time to get to know a patient and the problems. He is also astonishingly generous with his time; there are very few doctors who are willing to give you more than 20 minutes, mostly because they are overbooked and there are only so many hours in a work day. He is also reachable, which is very important when one is in agony, which is a problem with most doctors, again usually because of the work-load.I recommend Dr. Dillard to all my friends and acquaintances (and have already done so).There is no doubt if someone reads the rave reviews other patients have given Dr. Dillard, and then gets down to the negative reviews, that it should be crystal clear just from what kind of people these damaging comments come: drug users, persecuting doctors who will not give in to their illegal requests. Dr. Dillard has very high ethical standards and cannot be seduced or damaged by people of that sort.The only regrettable thing is that anyone can write anything, if it is out of vindictiveness or simply rage because the planned seduction did not work.Any doctor whos expertise spans Complimentary and Alternative Medicine, Pain Medicine, Acupuncture, Chiropractic and Manual Medicine, Nutrition and Dietary Supplements as well as Natural Health, and who has has been featured in Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors, from 2004 to -2012 cannot be dismissed or slandered by ruthless individual

June 16th, 2012
Champion Dr. James Dillard
I have been treated by Dr. James Dillard since last year and can only relate positive thoughts. He is an amazingly qualified and incredibly versatile doctor, as well as a deeply caring individual. Because of his diverse knowledge he is able to pinpoint the cause of the pain and treat the patient on an individual basis as needed. He will take the time that isneeded on every visit with every patient. I recommend him highly and will continue to do so.

May 17th, 2012
Great Doc
Dr. Dillard is the best. He knows how to keep a patient in suspense. He keeps you waiting long to make you believe his busy, even if you were the only patient for that hour. Also very moody with his personality. You can never second guess him.

April 23rd, 2012
Three years ago I entered Dr Dillard's office experiencing excruciating pain and hardly able to walk due to rheumatoid arthritis. Today, my pain is controlled and my life is back to normal. There is no doubt my improved condition is due to the expertise of Dr. Dillard. Using a combination of holistic and traditional medicines, Dr Dillard has inspired me to take control of my condition through the use of herbs, diet, vitamins and medicines. He is a very special physician and a caring human being.

April 10th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
I have known Dr. Dillard for 11 years. He has treated both my husband and me for back pain, knee pain and overall management of pain related to various other conditions. He is thorough, resourceful, and has innovative ideas about getting to the source of the problem including the use of traditional techniques as well as alternative treatments. I have had a bad knee for many years and was treated by a doctor who gave me cortisone shots in my knee. The shots did not work to alleviate the pain, and after seeing Dr. Dillard, who spent quite a long time evaluating my condition, he discovered that the intense pain was coming from a totally different area in my knee. He then proceeded to give me different injections in this new area which proved miraculous and the pain was basically non-existent after that. My husband was treated by Dr. Dillard for back and shoulder pain, which proved to be effective for his lifestyle.I would highly recommend Dr. Dillard. He is compassionate and attentive and really knows how to evaluate and treat pain. He has a great personality and I look forward to my visits with him.

April 8th, 2012
GREAT DOCTOR !
I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR JAMES DILLARD FOR SOME TIME NOW. DR DILLARD IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, RESPECTFUL, KIND AND COMPASSIONATE. HE TAKES THE TIME TO LISTEN AND EXPLAINS THINGS TO ME IN LAYMAN'S TERMS. HE HAS GONE OUT OF HIS WAY TO CALL NUMEROUS PHARMACISTS TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET MY MEDICATIONS. HE ADVISES AND RECOMMENDS MANY ALTERNATE WAYS FOR ME TO ALLEVIATE MY PAIN. I FIND HIM TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN HIS FIELD AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. MY FAMILY AND I THANK YOU DR DILLARD FOR MAKING MY CONDITION LESS PAINFUL AND HELPING ME LEAD A BETTER LIFE.