Dr. James Dodds Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Dodds?

Posted on August 23rd, 2016

I would recommend Dr. Dodds to anyone. He has great bedside manner, very well informed and overall just a great Doctor. His staff is very courteous also.

Posted on August 28th, 2014

I checked in (new patient)for my appointment beside someone checking in with the same appointment time...first red flag. He was training a resident who saw me first asking for the details, left the room, and reentered with him. They looked at my previous MRI and discussed it together while I sat in the background trying to learn of MY condition....really? He suggested a steroid injection. I said I had heard they didn't work and would weaken your bones. He laughed and explained that he had a pt (swimmer)with the same condition as mine who has avoided surgery for 10 yrs now by taking steroid injections. I agreed to try it one time. I wonder if having a steroid injection every 3 mths for ten yrs equals extremely brittle bones? He then forced my affected arm ALL the way up over my head and said well, it is able to do it. It took me a week to get over that incident. It is into the 3rd week and I have felt NO relief. And, as far as staff and paperwork..his receptionist said she fills out the paperwork...he just signs it. So that was a disaster. And, if you leave a message with questions on the clinical staff line they don't return your call. Their voice mail says not to make multiple calls as this would slow their response time yet, I only called once and have heard nothing. My impression of Dr. Dodds: Money is all that matters. HIS money that is.... And staff: they do not care about their jobs or don't get paid enough to care. I will say that the receptionists seem busy at the front desk...but with all the double booking, patient check ins, appointment scheduling, and all the paperwork can you blame them?

Posted on September 1st, 2011

My overall was okay i guess

Rude and only interested in money

Posted on September 1st, 2011

Allowed me to make an appointment, then told me he doesn't do surgical knee repairs, which I clearly stated when I called and his staff made the appointment without hesitation. Barely flipped through file, did NOT EXAMINE my knee. His np was nice but stated that I knew more about medicine than he did which was,, sadly, true. Dodds took and billed me for xrays though I brought a recent set with me. He had my former surgeon, who is currently under investigation, send him my pre op mris which are worthless as I now have 2 screw and 3 pieces of wire in that leg. He wasted my time, charged me for it, and is rude. Knee problems? Go to Lexington or nashville first before the local docs cripple you. Next week, I get fitted for a wheelchair, so they say.

Posted on July 7th, 2017