Dr. James Doty MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 18th, 2017
Dr Doty is a caring Doctor
Dr Doty is a kind, caring & professional Doctor. He was a miracle worker with my surgery being I was a mess inside. I am so pleased and thankful that he performed my hernia & scar tissue surgery. He took the time to explain my condition to me and answered all of my questions. He left nothing unexplained to me. He really listens to his patients. I can never find enough words to thank him for what he did. I highly recommend Dr Doty. He will do whatever he needs to do to fix your problem.

July 17th, 2015
Dr. Doty performed a complicated hernia mesh replacement surgery and did a fantastic job. His office staff are really great too. Highly recommended.

May 22nd, 2015
Compassionate and humane surgeon
Dr. Doty is very compassionate and understanding. He explained my diagnosis in easy to understand terms and even prayed with me. His surgical skills assisted in my rabid recovery. He was able to remove the entire tumor and resulted in no chemotherapy for the foreseeable future. Thank Dr. Doty.

September 10th, 2013
Awesome. not sure what your talking about
He was punctual, knowledgeable and spent extra time with me just to make sure I understand what is going on. He was a little late one time but that's only because he had an emergency. He really cares. I have NO idea what that other reviewer was talking about!

May 28th, 2013
Not Satisfied
The front desk staff are not efficient or helpful. The doctor doesn't spend enough time with you or spend time answering your questions. I had my first surgery with him for Fistula and when it came back, he was too busy to see me and went to a new surgeon.

October 28th, 2012
your greatest man in the world to me..you done 3 surgery on me has save my life..I loves this man for what hes has done..I thank you with all my heart..ps thank you for giving me a belly button :)smile

April 1st, 2012
Miracle Doctor
I was brought into the hostipal with horrific sudden illness. After I was stablized it was discovered that I had G.I.S.T. cancer (a free floating cancer that had developed in my abdominal area and had attached itself to the outer wall of my colon and intestines) and given a week to live if not removed immediately. Dr. Doty generously took my case and removed every bit of the cancer. It has now been 7 years since the surgery and there is no sign of cancer. Additionally, Dr. Doty had to cut down the center of my abdomin from the low end of the rib cage to the top of the pubic area - and his cutting was so perfect that other doctors and nurses over the years have complimented the precision of the scar and of the Dr. Doty's merciful care in cutting around the navel rather than through it. After the surgery was over and I was given a month-long stay at the hospital for recooperation, Dr. Doty visited me number of times and had the best bed-side manner I've ever seen in a doctor; he was kind and considerate and showed genuine care for me. He saved my life by the grace of God, and I will be forever grateful. I would put my life in his hands again.

March 12th, 2012
Awesome Surgeon
Dr. Doty handled my exploratory appendectomy and as a frightened patient who has never had surgery before this I can truly say he takes the time to make sure the patient understands what is wrong and how he's going to fix it. He was beyond kind and was brief and concise but absolutely clear in his explanations... no medical jargon, just plain and simple layman's terms. He called a family member himself to notify them the surgery was complete and what exactly was done. No problem with the wounds, nice, neat and clean. I look forward to my follow up post-op appointment and HIGHLY recommend Dr. James M. Doty to anyone who is in need of his surgical skills.

September 8th, 2010
TOP NOTICH PHYSICIAN!!
I had been sick for the past two years without a real diagnosis. I was in and out of the hospital all the time. Once I was referred to Dr. Doty, he literally gave me my life back. After Dr. Doty did my surgery, I've had no setbacks and recovery has gone smoothly. Words can never describe the peace of mind that Dr. Doty has given me. He didn't stop until he had answers and fixed them. He is such a caring, top notch physician who is truly one of a kind. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to anyone who's looking for an amazing surgeon.

October 24th, 2008
Excellent Doctor
Had a Pinindal Cyst that was removed by the dr and had a superior result in a very short period of time. He was quick to diagonose the problem and was able to get the matter corrected and contained.

November 4th, 2016