A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Dowd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Dowd is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Dowd, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Pediatric Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Dowd graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Dowd has 9 hospital affiliations:
- McLaren Regional Medical Center
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Dowd accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 22 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 29 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James E. Dowd practice?
Dr. James Dowd practices Allergy & Immunology, Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, Preventive Medicine, and Pediatric Rheumatology near Brighton, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Flint, MI and Howell, MI.
See Brighton Allergists, Brighton Internists, Brighton Rheumatologists, and Brighton Preventive Medicine Specialists.