A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Dowd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Dowd is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Dowd
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Dowd Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Dowd, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Pediatric Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Dowd graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Dowd has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Saint Joseph Mercy Saline Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James E Dowd MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Pediatric Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. James E. Dowd practice?
- Dr. James Dowd has 1 office location.
Dr. James Dowd practices Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Pediatric Rheumatology near Brighton, MI.
See Brighton Internists, Brighton Rheumatologists, and Brighton Pediatric Specialists.