Dr. James Dowd Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Dowd?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 4th, 2013

Horrible experience

The whole appointment was was all about cows that were raised on grass only. It seems that Mr Dowd himself may have been raised on grass. waste of time. looking for a real doctor.

March 6th, 2013

Total Jerk

Dr Dowd shouldn't even be called a Dr. He lectured for 2 hours about meditating and journaling. If I did those things, my pain would go away. He ordered no tests to see if there was something going on. He just lectured and puffed himself up with his book writing skills and the fact that he doesn't use medicine. I truly wish I would never have entered into his office. I have since found a rheumatologist who has done lab tests and accurately diagnosed me and I have found tremendous help. NO thanks to Mr Dowd.

May 24th, 2012

Dr. Dowd is an awesome doctor. When you first meet him, you can tell right away that he is very intelligent. However he talks to you and explains things in such a way that the average person can understand what hes saying. When I first met with Dr. Dowd I had a couple of issue going on. After reviewing my blood work and medical history, he turned to me and said everything that is going on with you can be fixed by diet and exercise. "Or you can continue your current life style and stay on the medications". Well I took his advice and changed my diet, still exercise as I did before I saw him. At my sixth month follow up visit he reviewed my charts and blood work and said you no longer need to be taking your meds anymore. To this day Ive stuck to the diet and I feel great. By the way I lost 25lbs while on this diet.

February 5th, 2012

Dr Dowd

He seems to care but hasn't found acure for my severe R/A yet,Thinking about changing doctors.

October 21st, 2011

Claims professional

if things are not black and white he does not look any further. Although, the lab work was negative, severe joint pain means something, which he and his staff did not care to address.

June 18th, 2011

Spent over an hour the first visit. Very thorough. Uses vitamins and diet before drugs.

March 23rd, 2009

My child has a rare auto-immune disease called Bechet's disease and he is willing to try things to help her. He is very compassionate

August 16th, 2017