Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  mr  |  show details
by jimmy d barlow on Oct 22nd, 2013

He is very experiencd surgeon. He will do everything feasable to help you.

|  Horrible treatment  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2013

I went to Dr. Dowdy to have a lipoma removed. I had been to three other doctors and each diagnosed it as a lipoma and recommended immediate removal. Dr. Dowdy said he wouldn't touch the spot because it wasn't bad enough to remove. I have had it on my thigh for over three years. It causes intense pain whenever it is touched or bumped. I told this to him and he proceeded to tell me that it doesn't hurt. I told him that he doesn't know how it feels, it is my body. He then got very angry and used rude language. He basically told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that he didn't care about my pain. I was disgusted at my treatment by Dr. Dowdy. He made me feel belittled and stupid. I highly suggest that you do not go to him to anything done. He is an extremely rude man who believes his word and opinion to be law. I hope for the sake of his practice he learns to treat patients with more respect.!

|  only doctor to correctly diagnose my problem  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

I had been to four surgeons, and Dr. Dowdy was the only one to correctly diagnose and surgically correct my problem. He was quiet, but incredibly knowledgeable and efficient.