Dr. James Chang MD Patient Reviews

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 19th, 2012
More than a cardiologist
Dr. Chang is a brilliant man, with whom I have had a great deal of experience. He has seen me through three aortic valve replacements. His evaluations and diagnoses have been consistently accurate. He is a tremendous team player, and although in my case, there was never any question that he was in charge of my case, he conferred with the surgeon and infectious disease to be sure there was consensus on my treatment. His dedication and work ethic are exemplary. During the 7+ weeks that I was last hospitalized for surgery, Dr. Chang never missed a day coming in and chatting with me when my illness was acute, including those weekends that he should have been doing something more enjoyable. He has a manner of telling the straight truth in a way that is palatable, no matter how grim the prognosis. His kindness and caring, both with my heart issues and with not only my well being, but that of my parents, go far beyond the role of objective cardiologist. In spite of that he is consistently professional. I live 3 hours away from Boston; when I got home from the hospital, Dr. Chang himself called to see that I had made it home safely, and that I was doing well. How fortunate I have been to have Dr. Chang as my cardiologist!