A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Carpenter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Carpenter is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carpenter
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carpenter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Carpenter, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Sports Medicine
- Tendon Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Carpenter graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Carpenter has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Chelsea Community Hospital
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Carpenter MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James Carpenter practice?
- Dr. James Carpenter has 1 office location.
Dr. James Carpenter practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Surgeons.