A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Carpenter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Carpenter is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carpenter
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carpenter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Carpenter, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Sports Medicine
- Tendon Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Carpenter graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Carpenter has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Chelsea Community Hospital
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Carpenter MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 28 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James Carpenter practice?
- Dr. James Carpenter has 1 office location.
Dr. James Carpenter practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Surgeons.