A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Dowd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Dowd is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Dowd
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Dowd Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Dowd, FAAOS, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Dowd graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 2 awards.
Dr. Dowd has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Bayside Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James E Dowd FAAOS and MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James E. Dowd practice?
- Dr. James Dowd has 1 office location.
Dr. James Dowd practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Virginia Beach, VA.
See Virginia Beach Surgeons.