Dr. James Downing MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 11th, 2016
Mainly had injections, lumbar and cervical spine, but found all of the above still application for service I received from Dr. Downing and all his staff. Thank you

March 1st, 2016
Worse doctor I had ever visited
Would not let me talk and explain my condition. Said that he can't help me. After doing some research on the Internet and talking to other patients seems that this doctor only treats older individuals with high end health insurance and work or car accident related insurance. Not compassionate and very rude.

September 22nd, 2015
PERFECTION AT ITS BEST.

April 14th, 2014
A caring Physician
Dr Downing has been managing my pain relief for about 2 yrs and has always taken the time to explain my options and because I ask, always let's me know what is happening during the procedures. He is caring and has helped manage my pain. His staff is excellent, patient and quick to alleviate any anxiety I may have prior to any procedure.

November 15th, 2011
Definitely recommend Dr. Downing
Dr. Downing is very professional with a personable bedside manner. I have had nerve root injections, which are painful. Dr. Downing and his staff are really good at putting me at ease and talking with me, keeping my mind occupied during the procedure.

November 16th, 2009
I briefly met with him in another Dr.s Office to schedule my Nerve Block. On the day of the procedure, he did not talk with me prior to going into the OR, but waited until after there. When he did talk, he talked behind me at a table just prior to the administration of my anesthesia. There was minimum Eye to Eye contact.After my procedure concluded, I was told I need to resked a second injection of the blocking agent. He never talked over the results of the procedure to my driver (whom I gave permission for him to talk with) or me, and no explanation was given as to why I needed a second application.The day after my procedure, the surgery center checked on me, but Dr. Downings office did not. Much the same mannerism was displayed during my second procedure. Only this time while I was talking to him (he was behind me at the table), the anesthesiologist was applying anesthesia this was not fair.It appears patients are more of a cattle call I suspect there were more of his patients during each of my surgery center visits, and thus he needed to move on to the next one. My experience to date with his lack of communication is wanting. Is he a good Dr.? I guess so ... Unfortunately for me, I think my problems will have to be cured with more evasive surgery - it was a good try though. In short, if you become a patient of his, be sure to explain how youd like to be treated in the OR, and how youd like for your driver to be informed by him. Due this in advance, otherwise, communication will be status quo and your experience will resemble mine. Best Wishes!