A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ferguson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ferguson, MBA, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal & Fetal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Fetal Ultrasound
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferguson graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Ferguson has 9 hospital affiliations:
- University of Virginia Medical Center
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Edward Ferguson MBA and MD is a male Obstetrician & Gynecologist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal & Fetal Medicine.
- Where does Dr. James E. Ferguson practice?
- Dr. James Ferguson has 4 office locations.
Dr. James Ferguson practices Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal & Fetal Medicine near Lexington, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Charlottesville, VA.
See Lexington Obstetricians & Gynecologists.