A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Foster:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Foster
Endometriosis Patient Education Read about common symptoms and treatments by reading our endrometriosis patient education guide to endometrial implants.Before Visiting Dr. Foster Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Foster, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Foster graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Foster has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James E Foster MD is a male Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James E. Foster practice?
- Dr. James Foster has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Foster practices Surgery near Roanoke, VA.
See Roanoke Surgeons.