A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Harrell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Harrell is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Harrell
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Harrell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Harrell, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Harrell graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Harrell has 5 hospital affiliations:
- University Medical Center - Lubbock
- Covenant Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James E Harrell MD is a male Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James E. Harrell practice?
- Dr. James Harrell has 1 office location.
Dr. James Harrell practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Lubbock, TX.
See Lubbock Surgeons.