A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Joy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Joy
ADHD in Adults Patient Education Read our adult ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Joy Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Joy, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Joy graduated from Albany Medical College.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Everett Joy MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James E. Joy practice?
- Dr. James Joy has 1 office location.
Dr. James Joy practices Psychiatry near Troy, NY.
See Troy Psychiatrists.