Dr. James Long Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Long?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 4th, 2016

I am a 49 yr old and Dr. Long is by far the greatest, most caring physician I have ever had. Lucky to call him my doctor

December 3rd, 2015

Superstar Internist & PCP

Dr. Long is an incredible primary care physician. Actually, he's not only a doctor...he's an educator, as well. There is literally NO PCP I've ever encountered who is this dedicated. He's extremely intelligent, a savvy, current physician, has a wonderful manner, is very caring and compassionate, and spends a very long time with each appointment. I am a very discerning consumer about my, and my family's, medical care. I'll research high and low for the right doctor. I've found the absolute right PCP in Dr. Long. You truly won't find a more thorough, intelligent, compassionate, or caring PCP anywhere in Northern Virginia. He has complete knowledge of, and will discuss with you at length, any current research and/or studies re your particular medical issue. He's very funny, too, which is welcome icing on the cake! :D He also is available via email if you sign up with Privia. Worth every penny. I caretake my mom at home, and there have been many times I've had to email Dr. Long about her condition(s). He always responds in a timely manner, and, sometimes, late at night. He's also my husband's PCP. What doctor does that in 2015? Do not hesitate to see Dr. Long...especially if you're smart and like to take an active role in your healthcare. It's like having your nicest, smartest, most humble, and most caring college professor as your primary care physician. :) Oh - and LOVE his staff, too. Everyone is warm and friendly...you'll become family at Novamed. :)

July 13th, 2015

Dr. Long is a great doctor

I would recommend Dr. Long to everyone. He is friendly and really cares about his patients. I recently had a yearly physical and Dr. Long did not rush me at all. He listened well and answered all of my questions completely. My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Long.

May 30th, 2015

Very Caring and Knowledgeable.

March 14th, 2015

excellent!!

February 6th, 2015

Very compassionate. Takes time.

September 29th, 2014

Disorganized and short tempered. Leaves you to go to another patient without giving you your RXs and then mid-writes them.

July 24th, 2014

A Great Primary Care Doctor

I wanted to take a moment to commend Dr. Long for his professional manner, savvy medical knowledge and intuitive style. He takes the time needed to discuss your medical needs and really dives into past issues, allowing him to assess and recommend as necessary. He is extremely easy to talk to and gives me a comfort level that allows me to talk candidly with him. He is very well connected with the medical community which is so helpful in the event a specialist is needed; so important for a primary care physician. He really cares about his patients and keeps updated on the latest in field of medicine. Never have I felt rushed!

February 5th, 2013

Dr Long haas lived up to my expectations as to what a good doctor should be. He listens, is caring and gives good advice. I am extremely happy he has accepted me as a patient .

September 26th, 2012

Dr. Long is what a doctor SHOULD be. He displays empathy for his patients,listens to their concerns, and shows an understanding and professional manner in his discssions. His treatments and recommendations have always proven to be sound.

September 26th, 2012

A Regular Patient

He's been my doctor for over 10 years, and will remain so 'til death do us part... which I'm hoping is a good long time.

August 9th, 2012

I would recommend him to anyone

I looked for a new doctor for 8 months before I found Dr. Long. I'm a nurse and picky about my health care. Dr. Long is fantastic. I have my whole family going to him now. He takes the time to listen and is logical in his responses. He explains things well and is very compassionate. Best doctor I have seen in 25 years.