A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Brien is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, FACS, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Lung Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from University of Connecticut , Farmington. He has 4 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Children's Mercy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James E O'Brien FACS and MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James E. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 2 office locations.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery near Kansas City, MO.
See Kansas City Cardiothoracic Surgeons.