A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Brien is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, FACS, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Lung Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from University of Connecticut , Farmington. He has 4 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Children's Mercy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James E O'Brien FACS and MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James E. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 2 office locations.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery near Kansas City, MO.
See Kansas City Surgeons and Kansas City Cardiothoracic Surgeons.