Dr. James Redmon Jr MD Patient Reviews

• 2 reviews

February 11th, 2014
This practice has gone way downhill!
Unless you are able to self diagnose yourself, I would not recommend this practice. After my first case of hospitalized diverticulosis Dr. Redmon released me to return to work without taking blood to perform a CBC which was the test the hospital used to monitor my illness as I did not run a fever. On my follow-up appointment, which took 10 days to get, I had to specifically ask for this test. Dr. Redmon told me I had a "nervous stomach" and prescribed medication for that. After insisting I have a CBC test run, the doctor finally agreed and the blood was taken. About 30 minutes later, while at Walgreens getting my prescription the nurse called me and informed me my white blood cell count had sky rocketed and thanks to Kim, the nurse practitioner, I was told to check back into the hospital immediately. I did this within the hour...to make a long story short...my colon was abscessed and I ended up losing 15 inches of it. Thank goodness I asked for this test for if I hadn't I would have returned to work and ran the risk of my colon rupturing and possibly gone septic, which can be life threatening. I have been a patient for 15 years and this was the level of care I received, amazing! I agree with the other reviewer, some of his staff can be very rude but I think it's more that they must hate their jobs and treatment by the doctor!

July 6th, 2011
Ms. Opinion
Dr Redmon is AWESOME...the staff is rude...well I guess they hate there job! You would think they might know you by name after 20 years????? A dog probably would get more attention and care.