Dr. James Riley MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Santa Rosa, CA

December 12th, 2014
Condescending bedside manner regarding birth control. Mansplains.

October 24th, 2009
Going to Miss Him
Doctor Riley has been one of the most caring Doctors I have had. He really listens to what you are telling him and does what it takes to be sure he can help you and if he can't he sends you to who can. He just doesn't wait to see. He is just great. I will turely miss him when he leaves.

March 31st, 2009
Highly Recommended
I have been a patient of Dr. Riley's for over ten years. I really appreciate how Dr. RIley takes all the time I need to answer all of my questions and I never feel rushed. I also appreciate how he gives his opinion as an advisor, not as an absolute authority. He has, over the years, given me treatment options with the risks and tradeoffs clearly explained rather than giving me only his recommendation. This helps me be a partner in my own care and follow my own values (low medical intervention unless needed). Dr. Riley has been very caring and thorough about some of my vague (back pain) and unique (spider bite) problems. He is a generalist, not an expert, so sometimes his knowledge of individual problems is limited but he refers to other doctors freely. The office he works in is a typical medical office that is busy and occasionally has long waits and mixups such as missing charts.