A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Standefer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Standefer is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Standefer
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Standefer Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Standefer, MD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Standefer graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Earl Standefer MD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James E. Standefer practice?
- Dr. James Standefer has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Standefer practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Red Hook, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Kingston, NY.
See Red Hook Psychiatrists.