A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Thompson, Medical Oncologist, Hematologist is Excellent.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Thompson, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Thompson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Kaleida Health - Buffalo General Hospital
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thompson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Independent Health - 33 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James E. Thompson practice?
Dr. James Thompson practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, and Hematology & Oncology near Buffalo, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See Buffalo Internists, Buffalo Hematologists, and Buffalo Oncologists.