A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Economou:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Economou is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Economou, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Gene Therapy
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Malignant Fibrous Tissue Cancer (Fibrosarcoma)
- Skin Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Economou graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Economou has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James S Economou MD and PHD is a male Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James S. Economou practice?
- Dr. James Economou has 1 office location.
Dr. James Economou practices Surgery near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Surgeons.