A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Edgerton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Edgerton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Edgerton
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Edgerton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Edgerton, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Heart Diseases
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Edgerton graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Edgerton has 24 hospital affiliations:
- Denton Regional Medical Center
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Edgerton MD is a male Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James Edgerton practice?
- Dr. James Edgerton has 1 office location.
Dr. James Edgerton practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Plano, TX.
See Plano Surgeons.