A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Eichel is Good. Dr. Eichel has been reviewed by 26 patients who have provided 24 comments. The rating is 3 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Eichel, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Eichel graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla.More Education & Awards
Dr. Eichel has 13 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center
- Alameda Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Eichel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. James Eichel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James E. Eichel practice?
Dr. James Eichel practices Family Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Pediatrics near Alameda, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Berkeley, CA and Walnut Creek, CA.
See Alameda Family Physicians, Alameda Obstetricians & Gynecologists, and Alameda Pediatricians.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Diego Eichel, Dr. Jaime Eichel, Dr. Santiago Eichel, Dr. Jacques Eichel