Dr. James Ethington MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

September 28th, 2012
I Was a patient of his several years ago and will always remember the horrible way I was treated. The dr.cared less about the side affects I was suffering from the prednisone. Would not listen to me whenI tried to explain to him that the med was not only not helping but made the condition worse. would walk out of the room.Refused to discuss other options.Wouldn"t check me out when concerns regarding my conditions were brought up. total waste of time and money.I now am suffering the after affects from the prednisone use. The office lost my blood work at one point.Tests results were never discussed. just horrible. AND MEAN.After the meds messed me up that he put me on He just refused to deal with it. Is this really a doctor? Ended up in er at one point due to the side effects of the med and his refusal to deal with it. And so much more. BUYER BE WARE!!!!!!!

January 31st, 2011
MR Dennis Jaeger
DR Ethington's treated me three (3) times with outstanding results!

July 26th, 2010
Excellent
To the comment posted before mine-Isn't that what you want out of a Doctor, one that can diagnos the problem by looking at it.Since your case had baffled several other Dermatologists I would think you would be happy to know what the problem was so quickly, and perhaps he was right, that there wasn't much

June 22nd, 2010
a HUGE disappointment - complete waste of time and $
Dr. Ethington didn't listen to what I told him, didn't do any tests, and acted like he didn't want to treat me. I have a skin condition that has baffled 2 other dermatologists and I was hoping Dr. Ethington would at least look at it.What he did do was offer a wild guess at what was causing my condition (and didn't back it up with any evidence other than his opinion). When I tried to dispute his opinion, he told me there was nothing he could do, offered me the same basic instructions that other dermatologists had, and then walked out.Dr. Ethington had good reviews from other patients. I made the appointment because he was listed as a dermatological immunologist, but he didn't do anything that a dermatological immunologist is supposed to do.I would describe him as competent except for his completely unsubstantiated opinion about my condition, which I have never seen nor heard anywhere outside his office (and I have researched this a lot).How a doctor can diagnose something that he's never seen before without even taking a close look at the condition is beyond me.

September 18th, 2009
Dr. Ethington has a reputation for catching cancers that other doctors miss. He is excellent - Experienced, intelligent, approachable. He and his staff work in concert - Quick, efficient, and thorough. He takes care of problems right then and there - I highly recommend him

October 30th, 2008
Fantastic
I saw Dr. Ethington for a mole removal. I was told by my primary physician it would be cosmetic. Dr. Ethington saw me and immediately removed the mole with a concern of melanoma. When the first pathology exam came back as indefinate Dr. Ethington sent it to the countrie's leading pathologist on melanoma. It came back positive. Dr. Ethington not only was concerned for my emotional state when delivering the diagnoses but while I was in his office made an appointment for me to see a highly rated Surgeon to have the Cancer removed as well as a skin graft done and SLN biopsy to be sure the cancer hadn't spread. I was able to see the Surgeon the same week and my surgery went great! Dr. Ethington also recommended I see a highly rated Oncologist in the area. Without the diligence of Dr. Ethington and his caring staff, my cancer may have been undiagnosed and spread further than it did. Because of him I have a fighting chance to beat cancer and be here with my son. Thank you Dr. Ethington!

May 1st, 2017