20 year patient show details 20 year patient
Jul 12th, 2015

Diagnosed with Graves disease 20 years ago. Dr. Etzkorn is a true specialist. He is focused, very task oriented, highly respected in his field, and takes his work seriously. He is extremely matter of fact, negates patient self reporting with lab results, will not entertain related symptom questions if not specific to diagnosis, will not entertain patient speculation, and has a flat persona with a monotone speech. If he is empathic he does not show it. I have stayed with him for so long for the one reason and one reason only - his expertise. Robin was the office staff for 12 /- years and extremely easy to work with. She was very pleasant, considerate, and empathic. Her personality was a nice contrast to the doctor's. They worked well together. When Robin left the mean one arrived. I'm sorry to be so direct but that one word says it all. Calling the office to make appointments, request lab orders or prescriptions is a communication nightmare. She is always put off that you called, hates that you disturbed her day, and consistently bullies her way through the conversation. She is Seinfeld's soup cook personified. She makes the doctor look like Mr. Congeniality. I look forward to the day when Dr. Etzkorn retires forcing me to find a replacement. Surely there's another equally qualified thyroid expert out there. One with a happy staff. **I do cut the Doc a little slack because he deals with thyroid patients all day - nuerotic, paranoid, hyper/hypo, anxious, moody, depressed, fatigued, etc., .... symptons of a malfunctioning thyroid.

Jun 15th, 2015

A bit too direct for some people, but I loved it. My interaction with his receptionist staff has been the only negative. Maybe it's due to the way he treats them or how he gives them direction, but he's always been excellent in his interactions with me.

Good Doctor/Horrible Staff show details Good Doctor/Horrible Staff
Jun 11th, 2015

Dr Etzkorn is a very competent endocrinologist. I have been his patient for 7 years and appreciate all that he has done for me. I am leaving his practice because I can no longer deal with his horrible office staff. They are rude and unorganized. It's impossible to get apts scheduled in a timely manner. It's just not worth the aggravation.

RN show details RN
Nov 18th, 2014

When I was experiencing certain symptoms, I discovered my thyroid levels were abnormal. I was prescribed medication but my symptoms persisted. I made a reasonable decision to see an endocrinologist to at least review my condition and treatment plan. When I spoke with Dr. Etzkorn's secretary, she then called my primary care physician's office. The secretary called me back to tell me she didn't think it was necessary for me to see Dr. Etzkorn. Since when do secretary's make this decision? This secretary made a mistake when scheduling my appointment and now she tells me I don't need to see an endocrinologist. Utterly and completely rude!

Rude and crabby show details Rude and crabby
by S on Aug 11th, 2014

Dr. Etzkorn is an expert in his field. However, he can be very awkward and condescending. Occasionally he can be friendly and "normal". His staff on the other hand is rude and crabby 90% of the time. I have had a few pleasant interactions with them. I am planning on finding a new office for my care.

Former Patient show details Former Patient
Jan 28th, 2014

I had been going to Dr. Etzkorn for several years before leaving. He is a very great doctor but the ladies that work at the front desk are very rude and unprofessional. Several times they messed up appointment dates and have blamed in on me. They have given many patients trouble with their insurances and told them that they will not call their insurance company and that the patient needs to step outside and do it themselves because its disruptive. The last time I went I forgot to bring cash (they do not take cards) and they told me that they would not bill it to me and that they would not see me unless I went to an atm and got cash out. I have never been behind on payments there. I sat down to get my keys out and they thought I left and they were talking about how I am never going to pay just like half of their patients. They continued to talk about how stupid and ridiculous these patients are. The small glass door that seperated us was not sound proof! I knocked on the door and told them that I could hear everything they said. They said well were sorry and looked very suprised yet still had an attitude. I called and told them I would not be back to the office! It is sad to see such a great doctor have such bad secretaries!!!! Also, I have heard them talking about several patients in front of people. HIPPA violation? I think so!

Great doctor, very rude office staff show details Great doctor, very rude office staff
Jul 8th, 2013

Dr. Etzcorn is a great doctor. However, his secretary is extremely rude. She has been rude to me over the phone and in person. This secretary is so mean that she makes it uncomfortable to be in the waiting room or to even call to set up an appointment. She has a very unpleasant attitude. I have been one of doctor Etzcorn's patients for ten years, but I have been tempted to find a new doctor with a more friendly staff many times.

Global Director Of Lean Enterprise show details Global Director Of Lean Enterprise
by Joe Kuehler on Jun 25th, 2013

My family recommended Dr. Etzkorn to me and I heard and have no reason not to believe that he is the best Endocrinologist out there. However my problem, and the main reason why I would refuse to ever do business with him is his team taking phone calls. As I was trying to explain why I was calling and special circumstances that led me to making my appointment I had the following happen: 1) While I was in midsentence 1 person handed the phone to another 2) Person taking my call cut my conversation off 3) Talked deliberately slow to me as if I was a child. 4) Extremely rude Basically, I received the poorest Customer Service I have ever been provided before. With this said, no matter how good Dr. EtzKorn is at his trade, if he allows for this type of abuse to happen to future patients, then he can not be a customer focused healthcare provider

May 3rd, 2013

Dr. Etzkorn is great. I started seeing him when a thyroid condition developed in my pregnancy. His information was throught, and made me feel comfortable and confident that everything was going just as it should. I would recommend him to friends or family if it wasn't for his office staff. I could not believe how rude and inconsiderate a person could be to a pregnant woman!

Mar 26th, 2012

I have been a patient for 7 years and every year I tell myself I am finding a new doctor. Since the day I started going to him I have voiced my concern that something is wrong, he told me to see my GP because I was depressed which I am not. Hasn't changed my meds in 7 years and I just keep gaining weight and can't lose it no matter what I do. he dosen't care. Finding a new doctor this year!

Feeling felt out of Studio 54... show details Feeling felt out of Studio 54...
Aug 23rd, 2010

I've been struggling with Hashimoto's, B12 deficiencies (10 months) and more recently depressive tendencies and physical pain (2 months) that is draining my spirit. So to be treated so rudely when attempting to make an appointment with a specialist is just uncalled for. According to the appointment setting staff, he won't see anyone without a referral (even if your insurance doesn't require it). If you have a PCP with an ego who insists they can control your issues, you'll never see this specialist. Additionally, there's a 2-3 month wait for an appointment. His staff was rude and snotty but I'll never know if he is as good as the others say he is because they'll never let me make an appointment.Based on his staff alone, even with a referral, I won't go there.

Excellent Thyroid Doctor show details Excellent Thyroid Doctor
by Jack Kaikati on Jul 8th, 2010

I have been his patient immediately after my cancerous thyroid was removed several years ago by another surgeon. He is a very caring physician and knows what he is doing. I am dreading the minute he announces his retirement. I don't know what to do when he retires. I hope he reads this review BEFORE announcing his retirement.

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Mindy Englar on May 3rd, 2010

Dr. Etzkorn is a great Dr. The waiting time in his office is minimal. I saw him for hypo thyroid during pregnancy and everything went perfect. I highly recommend him.

Choose Etzkorn!!! show details Choose Etzkorn!!!
by Steph on Apr 8th, 2010

He really knows what he is doing. He has able to get me diagnosed after 2 visits. The doctor I had been going to before him had still not diagnosed me after 3 months of visits. I'm really glad I found him. He is really good about getting lab results back to you quickly. He will even call you on the weekend with results.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Carol Kibler on Sep 10th, 2008

Two different people ended up referring me to the same doctor. He has done everything I expected my other doctors to do.

Great thyroid specialist show details Great thyroid specialist
Jun 11th, 2008

This is the thyroid doctor in St. Louis. I wish I still lived there because I can't find a good doctor in Arizona. I highly recommend Dr. Etzkorn, he is not super warm and fuzzy but he knows his stuff.