Dr. James Eule MD Patient Reviews

3.6

March 26th, 2015
Beware!
I went to Dr Eule after my dad had an appointment with him. He seemed to be respectful and knowledgeable at my dad appointment, but I had another experience altogether. I was having chronic back and shoulder pain radiatiing down my arm. I knew something was wrong. I could not use my arm. Could not diaper my child, hold a cell phone to my ear. After 6 months of treatment at OPA I was getting worse and worse. He was not listening to me. I had to take my husband to appointments just to get respect, it was horrible. He told me nothing was wrong and made errors in my chart. He had me see the shoulder dr in his office, who also said nothing was wrong. I got a second opinion. I needed shoulder surgery because a ligament was so stretched out it was not holding my shoulder in the socket all the way. There are much better, more respectiveful doctors out there. My best advise is to beware of OPA. I have since heard many people share horrible experiences as patients at their place of business.

March 13th, 2014
It took us 3 months to get into this doctor. Then he wanted to operate on another part of my body before he operated on the part that hurt. Went for a second opinion, and got the operation on the part of my body that hurts. Now I don't have 2 problems like I would of if I would have gotten the surgery through Dr. Eule.

July 7th, 2012
Dr. Eule cannot be trusted in all aspects of your care.
Dr. Eule gave me a significant spinal cord injury using products off label.

February 11th, 2012
Failed surgery with complications that have left me with severe chronic pain. I have gone from a very active person to being extremely limited in what I can do. I had horrible communications and advice from the doctor's office.

December 12th, 2011
I recently had major back surgery performed by Dr. Eule to eliminate constant and excessive pain in my left leg, with some roll-over to my right leg. My surgery was performed in Alaska Regional Hospital and lasted approximately 4-hours. Pre-Op was personal, warm, and thorough. There were no surprises when I was wheeled into the operating room. I didn't wake up until I had left Recovery and had been taken to my own room. The very first thing I noticed when I woke up was that there was Zero pain in my legs. The area of my back where the operation was performed was painful, of course, but not my legs. Dr. Eule checked on me often and made me feel special through his care and concern. There is no doubt in my mind that Dr. Eule gave me my life back. I can walk straight and tall again without pain, something I thought would not be possible. Other doctors told me they could operate and I would probably walk again when they were done. Dr. Eule not only told me I would walk again, he said I wouldn't have the pain in my legs anymore. He looked into my eyes and told me what to expect, that I had stenosis and would probably always have some level of back pain, but that he could, and would, eliminate the pain in my legs.I have since recommended Dr. Eule to several others with back problems similar to mine. I told them if they wanted an honest approach, a highly skilled surgeon, and a doctor that truly cared, I only knew one like that - Dr. James Eule!!!!

July 8th, 2011
Great Results
I had back surgery 6+ years ago performed by Dr. Eule. It was a disectomy. The surgery completely cured my back pain. I was able to walk three miles (on an indoor flat track) 3 days post-op. Dr. Eule was very kind and visited my hospital room post surgery early the following morning (aroung 6:30 am) which i very much appreciated, because after he checked me, I was free to go home where I was much more comfortable. I was grateful he didn't make me wait all day and was very prompt. Wonderful doctor. I know surgery isn't always successful and if you're considering surgery, it may not work for you, but it did for me. I put off having surgery for 3 years because I was told the recovery time was 6 weeks. If I'd known I would be able to walk so soon afterwards, I would have had the surgery much earlier.

November 8th, 2008
lower lumbar three level fusion
Had a failed back surgery - Pain became severe/worse after surgery. After several post op visits the provider wasn't interested to continue seeing the patient.