A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cornell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Cornell is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Cornell, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Cornell graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Cornell has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Sacred Heart Hospital/Allentown
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cornell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- UPMC Health Plan - 6 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 11 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James F. Cornell practice?
Dr. James Cornell practices Gastroenterology near Allentown, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bethlehem, PA and Kutztown, PA.
See Allentown Gastroenterologists.