Dr. James Fitzgerald MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Washington, DC

• Good
  • Bad

December 30th, 2015
Just one visit (the first), and Dr James Fitzgerald was able to assess me and came out with the right diagnosis for my treatment. Dr Fitzgerald is a very professional doctor.

November 6th, 2015
Reassuring Diagnosis
Just returned from a visit so there has been no chance for his ofice to follow-up. Great personal manner.

May 11th, 2015
Amazing
If it were not for the unbelievable skills of Dr. Fitzgerald I would not be alive today. He has been available to me through many procedures. I was had a procedure where he wasn't the actual surgeon but true to his word he was there making sure that everything went well. He even stopped by to see me before they put me under to make sure I knew he was there. I don't know of many doctors who would give their patients such care. Yes it may take a moment to get in to see him but that is how it is when you get the best. Honestly its not easy to get an appointment with any good doctor because they have a lot of patients. However, he worth it when you need excellent care.

July 29th, 2014
It is impossibe to reach his office staff. Follow up appts post surgery are nearly impossible. His surgical skills are not questioned but the function and efficiency of his office leaves much to be desired.

March 18th, 2013
Pathologically unhelpful
Made a specific appointment for services. Services were denied on the grounds that my problem wasn't severe enough and I should just learn to live with it. Thanks, Doc. Very helpful.

March 8th, 2013
Better than OUTSTANDING!!
Dr. Fitzgerald performed the HAL/RAR procedure for me. The results were miraculous. I had more discomfort on the drive to the hospital than I had on the ride home or in the 3/4 days it took to fully recover. My only regret is that I procrastinated and suffered for years thinking that the recovery period would be unbearable. NOT SO. Fast and easy recovery and off the drugs after only 4 days. I could not be any HAPPIER!!!!

June 20th, 2011
Best surgeon I have ever encountered
My hemorrhoidectomy was fully successful. Not even a minor problem. Furthermore, Dr. Fitzgerald spent a lot of time discussing with me an approach to post-op pain medication that would alieve my pain while minimizing the bad reactions I had previously had to opiates.

June 8th, 2010
level of treatment
To say Dr Fitzgerald is outstanding is an understatement. He listens and addresses any concerns a patent may have. He spends time with patents and is very professional in dealings with patents. I would recommend him highly for a patent in need of his services. He had a big part of my mothers life today and I admire him. Not only is he a great doctor but has a great team with him and behind him.

May 30th, 2010
Office Staff
Office staff very rigid and impersonal.Not people friendly. Treat patients as numbers rather than people. Lack of sensitivity and compassion for patients.

August 7th, 2017