A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ferguson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ferguson, Family Practitioner is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ferguson, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Tropical Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferguson graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Ferguson has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ferguson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 33 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 7 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James W. Ferguson practice?
Dr. James Ferguson practices Family Medicine near East Islip, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bay Shore, NY.
See East Islip Family Physicians.