Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Lorrie Nowicki on Aug 18th, 2015

Dr. Ferlmann is a great doctor & I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

by Deb on Jul 31st, 2015

Best experience ever!!!

Breast Reconstruction show details Breast Reconstruction
by Caroline on Apr 12th, 2015

Dr. Ferlmann is fantastic, absolutely amazing. Thank you for all you have done for me.

Experience with Dr. Ferlmann show details Experience with Dr. Ferlmann
by Dr. Ferlmann's Cheerleader on Mar 6th, 2015

I recently saw doctor for a breast reductrion surgery. He was very kind and made me feel very comfortable during the initial exam. He listened to me and understood the neck, shoulder and back pains that my excessive breast were causing me. Before surgery he came into my room and went into detail by marking the areas. The results were no short of a miracle. He gave me a new life and am am forever grateful to him. You can tell he get's great pleasure when his patients see the result. He truly is a caring physician with a great smile.

Fantastic Dr. show details Fantastic Dr.
by Amber on Jun 25th, 2014

I had been thinking about having breast augmentation for years. I have always been quite apprehensive due to my lack of information and the many choices of technique, size, and material I would have to choose from. I have seen and heard many horror stories online and on t.v. that freaked me out a little. Upon walking into his office I was welcomed by the person at the desk. I think her name was Ashlee. Very warm and genuine. My wait time was short and Dr. Ferlmann immediately put me at ease by his caring attitude and understanding my concerns. I was given options and along with his professional input we both agreed on the specs. The surgery went very smooth and during my recovery I was able to easily contact him or his staff with any questions or worries. I can still workout, hike, and do all activities I had done before. I am absolutely thrilled with my results and would recommend him to anyone wanting implants. They look and feel natural along and fit my frame perfectly. Everyone in that office is amazing!

Outstanding! show details Outstanding!
by Kathy B. on Jun 3rd, 2014

This is the first review on the Internet I have ever written. Twenty-seven years ago, while living in PA, I had breast implants that supposedly ruptured. I needed to find a plastic surgeon in Illinois. After searching the web extensively and praying I'd make the right decision, I chose Dr. Ferlmann. I had a long wait to get my surgery scheduled, but I am so glad I waited. I was so pleased with the outcome. He did an excellent job! I couldn't have had a better result. I might add, his staff, Ann and Ashlee, were both very kind and compassionate. It was nice to work with them. Everyone was great!

Great doctor ! show details Great doctor !
by Anika on Feb 5th, 2014

I recently had breast reduction done by Dr. Ferlmann and my experience was great! It was a hard decision for me but my back was hurting more everyday. My family doctor who I trust and had been with for years highly recommended Dr. Ferlmann. I did a research on my end, read patient reviews etc. and went for a consultation. Dr. Ferlmann was very detailed, took his time with me and always answered to all of my questions. He is well experienced in his field, board certified. He made me feel secure and important every step of the way. Not to many doctors do that unfortunately. My surgery went well, no complications. I am so happy that I did it. Dr. Ferlmann was always there to help and advise after the surgery . I highly recommend him!

Breast reduction show details Breast reduction
by S. O. on Nov 20th, 2013

Dr Ferlmann was referred to me by my family doctor. He was very nice in the consultation and I didn't bother seeing anyone else because he put me at ease right away. His staff worked to help me get my surgery approved by my insurance and they have been very accomodating ever since. The surgery went well and all follow ups went well. I would highly recommend him. It took a long time to get in to see him for the consultation but well worth it.

don't even bother calling show details don't even bother calling
by alice on Oct 1st, 2013

for an appointment - 3 plus months to even get in.

very good doctor, good information beforehand, good outcome show details very good doctor, good information beforehand, good outcome
by Naperville mom on Jul 29th, 2013

Dr. Ferlman is very personable and efficient. He has years of experience. He explained in detail the advantages and disadvantages of the elective sugery I was considering (breast reduction). He did a great job on the surgery and with the follow-up visits. I am so happy with the results of the surgery . He was friendly and intelligent. He did not sugar coat risks.

Jun 21st, 2013

I had abdominal surgery for a noticable defect and was extremely pleased with Dr. Ferlmann's surgical skills, as well as his bedside manner. Both the doctor and the staff helped me feel very at ease through the entire process. I would highly recommend this doctor to my friends and/or family.

Rude show details Rude
Jun 12th, 2013

I called this office for an appointment for a biopsy appointment of my upper lip on the recommendation of this physicians personal friends. Ashley, the receptionist, placed me on hold for approximately 10 minutes, and was extremely arrogant and rude informing me that Dr. Ferlman only sees breast cancer reconstruction patients.When I asked her if they could recommend a plastic surgeon to take care of my issues, she responded, "call your primary care physician". Due to Ashley's rudeness, I would never call this office even if I needed breast reconstruction.

A wonderful doctor! show details A wonderful doctor!
Oct 6th, 2012

I have had many surgeries and Doctor Ferlmann was fantastic he did a wonderful job and his pretty lady helpers in the office and in surgery are great as well.

Breast Augmentation show details Breast Augmentation
Aug 22nd, 2012

I had breast augmentation with Dr. Ferlmann 1 month ago. At my first consultation I was very nervous, but he made me feel very comfortable and explained everything clearly. As I had further questions after setting up my surgery, he again made me feel 100% comfortable and confident that I had chosen the right plastic surgeon. I just had my one month post op check and I am so happy with the results of my surgery. I would recommend him to anyone, not only for his great work but also for his very caring nature.

Uncaring and unresponsive show details Uncaring and unresponsive
Aug 14th, 2012

After I had an office visit with Dr. Ferlmann, he said he would look at my case and call me to discuss it. I spent several weeks leaving messages for him. Finally, repeated entreaties to his office assistant led to her talking to him about me, and she called me back telling me to go to a different doctor with no explanation of why.I have unfortunately had to work with several doctors, and Dr. Ferlmann was by far the least responsive. I am very disappointed that he refused to return my calls for so long, and that he fobbed me off onto another doctor without explanation. There's no excuse for being so unprofessional, especially since most doctors in Naperville are helpful and willing to return phone calls.

Breast Cancer Survivor show details Breast Cancer Survivor
Jun 1st, 2012

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and was referred to Dr Ferlmann. It was a long surgery but he was wonderful. Even when the nurses called him from the ICU about the coloring of my skin after surgery at 2 AM... He still came to check me out and make sure everything was fine. Reconstructed side looks great! Had Tram Flap done instead of implants. Still looks great after 15 years!!

Apr 25th, 2012

I FIND DOCTOR FERLMANN TO BE THE NICESS KINDESS DOCTOR I EVER WENT TO, YOU COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER DOCTOR HE WISH THERE WERE MORE DOCTORS OUT THERE LIKE HIM, HE IS SUPER......................

mrs terril mason show details mrs terril mason
Jan 28th, 2012

a wonderful and caring dr who takes his time with his pateint always answers any questions and concerns a very caring staff if you want a great and smart plastic surgeon call dr james c.ferlmann you wont be dissapointed

Sep 3rd, 2011

I recently had a surgery to replace my old breast implants, I was a difficult case,but Dr Ferlmann performed an excellent job.I'm extremely happy with the results. Dr Ferlmann is everything you would expect from a fine surgen,he is professional,patient,kind,gental and has a great sense of humor. I will recommend him to everyone I know. I'm so glad I chose him for my surgery.

Breast Reduction show details Breast Reduction
Feb 17th, 2011

Dr. Ferlmann is an excellent surgeon. From the first visit to the last he understood what large breasted women are going through. His support and understanding provided the confidence I needed to know he was the right doctor for me. I have had minimal pain after the surgery and my b

Great Tummy Tuck show details Great Tummy Tuck
Feb 6th, 2011

I had a Tummy Tuck without Liposuction. My results were fantastic. I am so happy with how things turned out. Dr. Ferlmann made me feel totally at ease he did a fantastic job. His services are reasonable priced and the surgical suites he uses are also reasonably priced. I had a wonderful experience and I highly recommend Dr. Ferlmann if you are considering a tummy tuck.

Reconstruction show details Reconstruction
Jul 19th, 2010

Recently had a double mastectomy Dr Ferlmann made me feel as if I was the most important patient he had. Even when I was experiencing a great deal of pain he was very understanding and proactive to get the problem taken care of. He is an awesome surgeon and artist.

Most amazing doctor and person! show details Most amazing doctor and person!
by Michelle Rosch on May 29th, 2010

I recommend Dr. Ferlmann to every one that I meet! Not only is he a wonderful doctor and artist, he is a caring and genuine person. He put me back together again after a breast cancer diagnosis and I have to say, my boobs look better than they did before I had a mastectomy. He will squeeze me into an appointment when I call last minute and he even came in to see me on his day off. I am so lucky I found Dr. Ferlmann and I recommend him 100%!!!

by Deb L on Feb 2nd, 2010

Dr.Ferlmann has a great personality for a bedside manner that makes you feel very comfortable in the most uncomfortable of circumstances. I had a double mastectomy/reconstruction and he has been wonderful during the whole process. Very imformative, honest and caring.

Jan 12th, 2010

he is by far my favorite doctor. just felt like he was not putting on "airs.

Mrs. show details Mrs.
Sep 17th, 2009

I think the world of Dr. Ferlmann. Not stuffy. Bedside manner was great. Never felt self conscious. I wish all of the women who had reconstructive breast surgery after a mastectomy could take Dr. Ferlmann to dinner and see how he is doing. And see if there is anything we could do to perhaps ease patients into a decision about reconstructive surgery.

by Sheila on Aug 20th, 2009

Dr. Ferlmann completed my reconstructive surgery following bilateral mastectomy. I could not have found a more caring professional. He did an outstanding job and I would recommend him without hesitation.

Breast Reduction show details Breast Reduction
by Patricia Flebbe on May 4th, 2009

Dr. Ferlmann gave me a breast reduction and did a fantastic job....not only did I have very little pain afterward the scaring was minimal and I still have sensitivity in both nipples....I would recommend him for any type of surgery. Also he explains the whole procedure beforehand and answers all questions......he's caring and his office staff are very helpful and go above and beyond to accommodate your needs.

breast reduction show details breast reduction
Mar 28th, 2009

he s wonderful professional caring and results are exceptional

S. L. Holsinger show details S. L. Holsinger
by S. L. Holsinger on Mar 2nd, 2009

I had reconstructive surgery done by Dr. Ferlmann around 3 years ago. I had breast cancer on right side. Young enough to care what I looked like so I opted for reconstruction. A day does not go by that I am not happy about my decision.

Breast reconstruction following bi-lateral mastectomies show details Breast reconstruction following bi-lateral mastectomies
Nov 4th, 2008

I went to Dr. Ferlmann for breast reconstruction. He is very informative, patient, caring, and skilled. I highly recommend him. My initial optimism was confirmed when I sat in the waiting room with a veteran nurse who worked at the hospital and chose Dr. Ferlmann having seen him first hand with his patients. My only criticism is that you need to proactively schedule your follow-up surgeries to keep from having the overall process spread out over too long of a period of time. A small detail - nothing to stop you from selecting this wonderful surgeon.

by Melanie on Oct 2nd, 2008

Dr. Ferlmann is so sweet and caring. I have never met a Doctor who cares so much like he does. I feel so comfortable with him and he puts me at ease

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Beverly Ambrozewski on Sep 25th, 2008

More doctors should be like Dr. Ferlmann I have never met a more compassionate person who cares for his patients