A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ferrara:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ferrara, MD is board certified in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Skin Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferrara graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Ferrara has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- San Juan Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ferrara accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Humana - 12 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James L. Ferrara practice?
Dr. James Ferrara practices Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Pediatric Specialists.