Dr. James Fister Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Fister?

Doesn't Treat You Like a Person

Posted on June 25th, 2017

I had one appointment with Dr. Fister. I had had surgery for trigger finger a decade ago and was experiencing the same symptoms on another finger. I just wanted to know how long I could delay surgery. I had never met him before He was two hours late--an hour in the waiting room and another hour in an exam room. Throughout the whole appointment, he was talking about me on his Dictaphone. At one point he mentioned to his recorder that I had hypothyroidism. I have hyperthyroidism--big difference. He never really looked at me. I was basically just a hand. At the end he asked if I wanted a cortisone shot. Did I need a cortisone shot? Should I have a cortisone shot? He asked me then if I wanted surgery. Tthere is no way I would let this man touch my hand.

Trigger Finger Surgery

Posted on February 16th, 2014

Had two trigger finger releases done over 3 months ago. He was an hour and a half late and did a very poor job on my surgery due to the fact he was so late. I am still in pain and can not bend my fingers due to all the scar tissue that hardened from the sloppy surgery. I wish I would have gone to another doctor who was more responsible. I have to live with the results.

patient

Posted on October 4th, 2012

Great doctor - was very informative and made me feel very comfortable. I was in the Geneva office.The staff: I have been in the same room with goldfish in a fish tank that were warmer and friendlier then these women. Very cold and rude for the most part. I am a former Office Manager for a physician, and I would have never treated a patient they way they treated me. Very disrespectful.

Posted on November 15th, 2017