A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Flax:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Flax is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Flax
Osteoarthritis of the Knee Patient Education Learn about knee osteoarthritis symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Flax Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Flax, MD is board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Flax graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 3 awards.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James William Flax MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James W. Flax practice?
- Dr. James Flax has 1 office location.
Dr. James Flax practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near Pomona, NY.
See Pomona Psychiatrists and Pomona Geriatric Doctors.