A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Foerster:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Foerster is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Foerster
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Foerster Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Foerster, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Foerster graduated from Stanford University.
Dr. Foerster has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy San Juan Medical Center
- Methodist Hospital of Sacramento
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James M Foerster MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. James M. Foerster practice?
- Dr. James Foerster has 1 office location.
Dr. James Foerster practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Sacramento, CA.
See Sacramento Internists and Sacramento Cardiologists.