A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Folk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Folk is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Folk
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Folk Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Folk, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Choroid Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Fungal eye infections
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Optic Nerve inflammation (Optic Neuritis)
- Penetrating Eye Injuries
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Folk graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Folk has 1 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James C Folk MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James C. Folk practice?
- Dr. James Folk has 1 office location.
Dr. James Folk practices Ophthalmology near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Ophthalmologists.