A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Folk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Folk is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Folk, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Choroid Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Fungal eye infections
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Optic Nerve inflammation (Optic Neuritis)
- Penetrating Eye Injuries
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Folk graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Folk has 1 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Calvin Folk MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James C. Folk practice?
- Dr. James Folk has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Folk practices Ophthalmology near Iowa City, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Des Moines, IA.
See Iowa City Ophthalmologists.