A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Fonger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Fonger, James D. Fonger, MD, FRCS(C is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fonger
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fonger Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Fonger, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Vein Inflammation (Phlebitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fonger graduated from University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine, Winnipeg. He has 2 awards.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James D Fonger MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Phlebology.
- Where does Dr. James D. Fonger practice?
- Dr. James Fonger has 1 office location.
Dr. James Fonger practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Phlebology near New York, NY.
See New York Cardiothoracic Surgeons and New York Phlebologists.