A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Fonger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Fonger is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fonger
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fonger Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Fonger, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Fonger graduated from University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine, Winnipeg. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Fonger has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James D Fonger MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James D. Fonger practice?
- Dr. James Fonger has 1 office location.
Dr. James Fonger practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Cardiothoracic Surgeons.