A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Fonger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Fonger is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Fonger, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Fonger graduated from University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine, Winnipeg. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Fonger has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James D Fonger MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James D. Fonger practice?
- Dr. James Fonger has 1 office location.
Dr. James Fonger practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Cardiothoracic Surgeons.