Dr. James Forage MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 23rd, 2016
Arrogant. Charged me an hour visit when he spent 10 min with me and I waited 2 hours to be seen. My MRI results showed severe foraminal narrowing and he said "Sorry. Not bad enough to do surgery. Go to UCLA". So here I am 3 years later still suffering because I lost all hope and faith in the medical field and don't trust anyone. This man has NO bedside manner and unless he can open you up and make thousands of dollars on you; you aren't worth his time. This doctor needs a reality check.

June 21st, 2016
Not your best option.
I honestly cannot believe this guy is a practicing neurosurgeon. Rude, arrogant, and shows absolutely no compassion or desire for you to get better.

May 9th, 2016
Mr. Personality
Very arrogant. I wasn't looking for sympathy from him, but to know that he wanted me to get better would be nice. He just seems like he couldn't care less about what you are going through. He also must have called me "buddy" and "guy" at least a dozen times. Using my name seems a bit more appropriate from a doctor. He may be very skilled as a surgeon, but his personality is extremely douchy. You've been warned.

October 31st, 2015
Awesome Neurosurgeon
Dr. Forage is an OUTSTANDING surgeon and his staff was always attentive and courteous. He removed a large tumor from my skull and I haven't felt this healthy in years. I am very grateful for his help!

June 12th, 2015
Worst doctor I've ever seen. I've been to many different back doctors since 2009, and forage is the worst. No patience, no manners, no clue what the heck he's doing. Hes so wrapped up in thinking he's better than every body he doesn't pay attention to anything you say. Getting a new doctor. James Forage needs a new career, one that doesn't involve dealing with people's lives and well being.

April 29th, 2015
Excellent professional kind courteous

February 6th, 2014
Be Very Aware!!!!
Had Dr Forage done the proper neurological testing before my DBS Surgery it would have shown that I had Atrophie in the lobes of my brain. By not doing the testing; which I had done elsewhere after the 1st part of the DBS Surgery done by Dr Forage (A properly done MRI that was read by a competent Surgeon + 4 hrs of testing) showed that I WAS NOT a patient that should have had this surgery. I now have Logopenic Progressive Aphasia that would not have presented itself until about 3 years from now. For anyone planning or thinking about DBS Surgery stay away from this Dr.

August 21st, 2013
I am totally unimpressed with Dr. Forage and his entire office staff. Had to wait for 1-1/2 to 2 hours for my very first appointment with Dr. Forage. He did not provide me with any new information about my condition that I had not already heard. I feel that he did not read any of my file. Did not give me any time to ask my questions I had when he proposed surgery. I felt like I was rushed out of the office. Then, I had to wait for over an hour for Dr. Forage on my second appointment, even though he was in the office. I overheard a drug rep come into the office and state that he was bringing Dr. Forage breakfast about 5 to 10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. He had his back to me the entire time of the appointment. Then, waited for another 1-1/2 weeks to have a CT scan scheduled at another facility but told I can't because I don't have insurance. I am covered by two medical insurances. DEFINITELY GOING TO ANOTHER MEDICAL OFFICE for further treatment.

March 6th, 2012
Beware all spine patients.
So since 2006, I have been in and saw him dozens of times. Each time I received less courtesy, less time spent with me. Now here we are 6 years later and its worse since he split from Western Regional Spine and Brain. He runs an assymbly line. He doesnt remember things he says. He cancled my surgery and said that I could suffer from peralisys if they proceeded due to a new hurniated disc. He claims he never said that and is trying to charge me for canceling a surgery. He also after saying 3 - 6 weeks and you will be back to work. Its now 10 months later and I am on the verge of losing my job. His statement about that is simple. Oh uhm what do you want to do. I now have a new hurniated disc that he says 'no thats normal' yet my wife works in a medical plaza and requested the MRI report from the LVR. It states its a MAJOR bulge protruding into the spinal cord. Yet Forage said its ok, its not causing problems. Thats why my back is hurting like heck and im having problems. I also have 4 bulges in my Cervical part of my spine causing ringing of ears, numbness of hands and arms etc. He says I dont know whats causing your problems but it could be arthritus or carple tunnel (spelling?). Every question I asked today his answer was simple. "I dont know". Wait time I was scheduled at 9 am. I finally saw the doctor at 1:45pm and he spent 7 minutes with me then said ok cya.What a joke. I am now seeing another surgeon for the problems. Dr Forage was WONDERFUL back in 06. Now he is terrible.

February 1st, 2012
Dr. Forage is an awesome surgeon.... I had craniotomy with VP shunt insertion. He and his staff were magnificant.

December 29th, 2011
Terrible! Run!
This office is SO unprofessional. This practice is the worst in Las Vegas. If a patient does not recover quickly, they shove them out the door and blame the patient if the surgery fails!They assume no responsibility nor do they seek a solution. Everything is the patient's body's fault.Horrible staff with the most arrogant attitude.Run if you are referred to this practice! Talking to the ridiculous staff is huge waste of your time........

December 28th, 2011
BE WARE
After having 4 surgeries in 6 month period I am worse off now. I had pain and numbness in left leg. now its in BOTH. After calling his staff and reporting numerous problems from cold legs/feet, numbness, tingling, and other pains I was told to go to ER and have a blood clot test done. Turned out negative. Called his staff to advise them never got a call back. Its now been 2 months and I have been calling EVERY week 3x a week, and still no call back. I finally got in to talk to him and he had no clue about my calls. No notes were in my chart or anything. Then after explaining to him that i am in alot of pain, he stated well...... stop wearing the brace....... lets send you to pain management and to physical therapy. Ill see you in 6 months if things dont get better. No, actually he wont. I have an appointment with Dr Lemper for pain and Dr Peopls. Dr Peoples rating is 10x higher than forage, staff is more friendly and he ACTUALLY CARES! Whenever you call to talk to Forage or his PA, they are always on Vacation. and Last time I called, the staff said they were out of the country together. Not a good mix!