Dr. James Fortune Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Fortune?

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. James Fortune?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 15th, 2016

Even a back alley surgeon would be better than this

Refused to answer any questions or tell me about a treatment plan. Refused surgery but still wouldn't let me have any food for 3 days. Refused to answer nurse's pages. Kept me in the hospital a full day extra with no tests scheduled and never checked up on me. He was told I had to leave or I would lose my job, and he never showed up. I waited seven hours and then had to check out AMA. He used intimidation tactics to try to get me to shut up and stop asking me questions. He is negligent, callous, condescending, and does not care that he did not fix my problem and am still suffering. He just ran up my bill for nothing.

January 27th, 2014

Never again

I was admitted through the ER with a gallbladder full of stones. My first interaction with Dr. Fortune started with him entering my room, not saying a word to me, leaving the door open, trying to pull the blanket off me and trying to examine me while I was unclothed in the bed. I of course protested, not knowing who this guy was, not having anyone else present in the room, and the DOOR BEING WIDE OPEN and all. Dr. Fortune ordered countless other tests, and finally obtained results that were inconclusive. After three days at the hospital, I were told that I didn't need surgery and could leave. The specialist I was dealing with said I needed surgery, and Dr Fortune would not do it. When I tried to talk to Dr Fortune about this and make sense of it, he became angry and removed himself from my case. I ended up having to go to a different hospital, where they told me that if I hadn't had the stones removed from my pancreatic duct, I could have died.

September 16th, 2013

Gall bladder surgery

Dr. Fortune performed gall bladder surgery recently, very satisfied with the whole procedure. When my family needs a surgeon it will be Dr. Fortune.

June 4th, 2013

Nurse Practitioner

Dr. Fortune was wonderful. He performed an emergency appendectomy on me and did a great job. He was kind, knowledgeable, and spent a lot time explaining everything to me before my surgery, during my hospital stay, and at my discharge. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

March 10th, 2015