Never again show details Never again
Jan 27th, 2014

I was admitted through the ER with a gallbladder full of stones. My first interaction with Dr. Fortune started with him entering my room, not saying a word to me, leaving the door open, trying to pull the blanket off me and trying to examine me while I was unclothed in the bed. I of course protested, not knowing who this guy was, not having anyone else present in the room, and the DOOR BEING WIDE OPEN and all. Dr. Fortune ordered countless other tests, and finally obtained results that were inconclusive. After three days at the hospital, I were told that I didn't need surgery and could leave. The specialist I was dealing with said I needed surgery, and Dr Fortune would not do it. When I tried to talk to Dr Fortune about this and make sense of it, he became angry and removed himself from my case. I ended up having to go to a different hospital, where they told me that if I hadn't had the stones removed from my pancreatic duct, I could have died.

Gall bladder surgery show details Gall bladder surgery
by Johnnie Coombs on Sep 15th, 2013

Dr. Fortune performed gall bladder surgery recently, very satisfied with the whole procedure. When my family needs a surgeon it will be Dr. Fortune.

Nurse Practitioner show details Nurse Practitioner
by Karen on Jun 4th, 2013

Dr. Fortune was wonderful. He performed an emergency appendectomy on me and did a great job. He was kind, knowledgeable, and spent a lot time explaining everything to me before my surgery, during my hospital stay, and at my discharge. I would highly recommend him to anyone.