A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Friend:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Friend is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Friend, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Friend graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Friend has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University Hospital North
- Staten Island University South
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Stevens Friend MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 42 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James S. Friend practice?
- Dr. James Friend has 1 office location.
Dr. James Friend practices Ophthalmology near Staten Island, NY.
See Staten Island Ophthalmologists.