A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Friend:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Friend
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Friend Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Friend, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Friend graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Friend has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University Hospital North
- Staten Island University South
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Stevens Friend MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James S. Friend practice?
- Dr. James Friend has 1 office location.
Dr. James Friend practices Ophthalmology near Staten Island, NY.
See Staten Island Ophthalmologists.