A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Friend:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Friend is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Friend, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Friend graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Friend has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University Hospital North
- Staten Island University South
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Friend accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 15 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James S. Friend practice?
Dr. James Friend practices Ophthalmology near Staten Island, NY.
See Staten Island Ophthalmologists.