A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Furlong:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Furlong
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Furlong Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Furlong, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Furlong graduated from Albany Medical College.
Dr. Furlong has 9 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Hospital Amsterdam
- Albany Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James P Furlong MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James P. Furlong practice?
- Dr. James Furlong has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Furlong practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Albany, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Rensselaer, NY.
See Albany Orthopedic Surgeons.