A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Avery:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Avery is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Avery, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
Education & Awards
Dr. Avery graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Avery has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Hospital Sullivan
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Avery accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 5 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 5 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James G. Avery practice?
Dr. James Avery practices Internal Medicine near Saint Louis, MO.
Additional practice locations include: Kirkwood, MO.
See Saint Louis Internists.