Dr. James Avery MD Patient Reviews

October 18th, 2016
Horrible bedside manor. I wouldn't send anyone to him. He didn't address any of my concerns.

August 25th, 2015
Dr. Avery is knowledgeable and caring. He spends time with his patients and does a great job with follow up.

July 2nd, 2012
Dr. Avery is a very thorough and professional doctor who is willing to take the time necessary to listen and help you understand and deal with your medical issues.

December 12th, 2011
Sad to Leave
I was a patient of Dr. Avery for ten years. I ended up with a mishandled workman's comp claim in which I was fighting my employer (still am) to pay Dr. Avery's office for a visit I had since the company's service for my work injury was poor. At Dr. Avery's request I came to him for follow up. While fighting with the employer for payment (after I'd already paid for everything else out of my own pocket.) I owed his office 60 dollars. They sent me to a collection agency and so I paid the balance. I then called them about a serious medical issue (at 3:30pm) and they didn't call me back until the next day telling me to go to the hospital (which I was already admitted to) because I was on a "patient restricted list." I never receieved anything in writing telling me this. Everyone thought Albert Pujouls was just about the money, well so is Dr. Avery's office..I have since left him as a patient.

October 24th, 2011
Very Caring Doctor
Dr. Avery is a very caring and empathetic doctor. He takes whatever time is needed to listen and answer questions of the patient. I have great faith in the expertise of Dr. Avery. Thank you.

August 18th, 2011
First itme appt.
Dr Avery struck me as a very approachable, intelligent and caring professional. I am glad to see that he is not one to overly rely on perscriptions and is open to a wide varity of approaches to my healthcare.

July 4th, 2011
One of the good doctors
Dr Avery doesn't practice CYA medicine. He doesn't overprescribe. He listens, he follows up, and he makes the patient feel as if we are all part of the solution... He's the one to go to if you are really ready to get healthy starting with lifestyle and diet changes.

January 12th, 2011
Recommended
The questionnaire sent out is pretty long and involved but asks good questions. Dr Avery suggests lifestyle and diet changes before prescribing medication.