A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carter
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carter Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Carter, MD is board certified in Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta.
Dr. Carter has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Southwestern State Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Gary Carter MD is a male Forensic Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James G. Carter practice?
- Dr. James Carter has 1 office location.
Dr. James Carter practices Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry near Thomasville, GA.
See Thomasville Psychiatrists.