A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Louisiana State University at Shreveport.
Dr. Smith has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Willis Knighton Medical Center
- St Francis Medical Center - West Monroe
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James G. Smith practice?
Dr. James Smith practices Hospitalist, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Shreveport, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Monroe, LA.
See Shreveport Hospitalists, Shreveport Internists, Shreveport Critical Care Practitioners, Shreveport Cardiologists, Shreveport Pulmonologists, and Shreveport Obstetricians & Gynecologists.