Pain Management Doctors

Redding
473 South St
Redding, CA 96001
530-242-1415
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Dr White is being railroaded.  |  show details
by KW on Sep 18th, 2013

Dr White helped me so much, he was the only doctor that listen to me. He saw the pain I was in and gave me back my life. Michael C. I totally agree with you on every point you mentioned. Unfortunately all of us patients are stuck trying to find a new doctor. So far I have not found one, I think it's because I was Dr White's patients. Unbelievable what they have done to him and his patients. It's unethical not to setup something up for his patients. I thought it was innocent until proven guilty. Has anyone found a pain management doctor? Please help.

|  Pain Specialist  |  show details
by Dr. James Gregory White on May 22nd, 2013

Dr. White is under the states thumb. This Doctor does everything but pass out "Drugs." He has saved my life with simple pain medication that he has prescribed. I laid in bed suffering from Chronic Pain and Disabled. I now have a good quality of life and that is what makes this Doctor different. He cares!

|  D.E.A. allocations creating opiate shortages!  |  show details
by Michael C. on May 5th, 2013

To the April 16th review-question? Since March of 2013,You can thank our Federal Government for creating pain medicine shortages because when a area of the Nation exceeds the median amount of opiate usages, their Agents get working to investigate the "wholesalers" and use Federal Judges and injunctions to create these artificial shortages.The 3 largest drug wholesalers are: Cardinal Health Inc.(CAH),McKesson Corp.(MCK) and Amerisource Bergen(ABC) who combined made 272.4 billion dollars of revenue in 2010. Frequently.D.E.A. targets these Big 3 because of their ability to end shortages overnight.In Sanford Florida,D.E.A. threatened Cardinal Health because a type of drug was sold at 8 times the population's needs, according to DEA. In reality Florida like California are 2 States with large retirement populations and have many aging Americans with pain issues that require more opiates than a State where retiring Americans don't go often..Iowa? (Iowa is a great state) The DEA fails the test that the 'median' (Bell shape curve) amount needed in retirement areas are greater? About 1,500 Americans per DAY are reaching age 65 or retiring. This put a great strain for those drug wholesalers to keep a safe supply due to demographics but our Government fails to protect us for out-dated data. Why 'out-dated? Older Americans have more pain issues and nothing gives relief like opiates in safe amounts.My opinion is, they would throw out the 'Baby with the bath water' than get fresh water? This harassment of drug wholesalers explains much of the shortages of opiates. Many Pharmacists in Redding will not fill Dr White's prescriptions because of the ignorant belief that since Methadone was created for heroin withdrawal,it's a drug not useful for pain uses though it lasts longer for pain relief! We as patients of Dr White can forget about being prescribed Methadone because that belief even educated Pharmacists have about Methadone is that it's an old generic drug, inexpensive and not a money maker like drug patches are, for example.There are Pharmacists in Redding California that did not fill His prescriptions before these shortages but were just a few. Now, this newer problem makes me wonder if The Affordable Care Act starting January 1st 2014 is conditioning the population to accept shortages before it starts. Dr James White has done his best and only our writing elected Officials and calling DEA to quit hurting us could make a difference. Since Dr White's Office follows rules to the 'letter of the law' this newer issue is beyond His pay grade to fix. We as Americans can write,E-Mail and call our elected Officials and call DEA to ask them to quit hurting the lawful users of pain medicines. While on their call, let's ask them to ask Justice Department Physicians to get modern Medical School training about pain management like new Residents do before becoming Physicians? This could change their prejudiced opinions about opiate use for pain before it's them with the pain and questioning: why is it hard to find pain relief when it's 'real'?For now, keep my name in your file if needed: I hope You and your DEA associates suffer when hurting, just like I do for your actions! Sincerely, Michael C. Redding,CA. 5/5/2013@1:29PM

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  show details
Apr 16th, 2013

anyone know where or who honors dr. white's prescriptions. If not in Redding then where?

|  Cannot find a better Pain Specialist because He's thorough and compassionate..  |  show details
by Michael C. on Apr 10th, 2013

I've been His patient for 7 years and never found rudeness or rushed treatment during my monthly visits. His Staff are Ladies who listen to people not treated when records are unavailable or complain about not being seen BEFORE staff can verify prior Doctor's care. Dr. White' Office always had a "treatment contract" for safe and legal use of the medicine while random urinalysis or blood samples are agreed to know His patients' are following rules and laws of opiate use. The patients who are told to leave the Office have been sad drama but never dangerous; yet the Ladies will explain to help them find help or weed-out those that never return. The Doctor is a Pain Specialist practicing medicine therapies that help wrecked bodies to have relief for a month without the spine injections that last 48 hours, hurt and cost your insurance too much.Doctor White and Cheri H, His Physician's Assistant, often need scans or x-rays to see the painful areas' decline or rare improvement in the condition so treatments are tailored to the patient' complaint of more pain? All around, this Office shows rare sympathy to suffering so I questioned why not become a Primary Care Doctor? I know there's enough older and broken people to fill their day with enough work now. His willingness to work hard at making lives tolerable again has a down side and that is, He's made competing Physicians and N.I.M.B.Y. types in power, try to close His Office because He's no desire to use pain filled lives as a means to make money only. There's those who keep ignorance as their guide and hate what they misunderstand. Many of these would allow themselves or a Family member to live or die in pain than safely use medicines for chronic or hospice care both? They believe in conjecture and misinformation, that it's safer to hurt than use opiates for treatment of pain that can make life h--l on Earth!This is where Dr. White gets threats of closure or Pharmacist's being tools of this unprofessional behavior refusing to fill His patients' prescriptions. His patients are some folks who made bad choices when young but they're still broken and hurting so Dr. White helps them. This is real Christian conduct helping those you could treat poorly in your health club or Church for being poor? I can say without reservation that theft crimes would increase in Shasta County if the Doctor did not treat some who cannot wait to keep the pain controlled and make a drug street purchase instead. Life isn't fair most of the time but I met a Healer 7 years ago who imitates Jesus' Love for all and I could only hope to have a resume' like the Doctor's to show God these deeds on the last day.Keep helping Doctor. We like You.

|  read this please  |  show details
by Troy on Mar 31st, 2013

Greg White listened, reviewed all my records,examined me and prescribed the same medicen (methadone the ER put me on,and followed up with presciption,that Ive taken for 7 years.cant help being ill .walk in my shoes.

|  Great doctor compassionate man  |  show details
by mrs sweetwood on Mar 29th, 2013

As I say in the title great doctor compassionate man. As far as some people taking more than they're supposed to, and then overdosing doctor White Didn't go to their home twist their arm behind their back and say hey stupid why don't you take more than you're supposed to and die. He took more than enough time 20 minutes or more and talk to us and got my husband on a regiment that worked for him he gave me and my husband his life back.

|  Living with pain  |  show details
by Craig e eaton on Mar 29th, 2013

This doc is one of the few that will support people that live with pain sure hes got to weed out the abusers but what is better a person able to function /i work and be human or a person bent up and on disability. Appsalutly a shame what people but us chonic pain persons thru.loose if you do and realy loose if you dont

|  Good man  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2012

I am delighted to have found such a caring and responsive doctor. It is difficult for a chronic pain sufferer to find compassion and Dr. White has it in Spades! He is equally vigilant about those who would try to cheat the system with checks and balances in place to catch those who would game it. It is hard to wait for the appointment, it can take several hours, but generally, worth the wait.

|  Will write any perscription you ask for  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

He is not a doctor, he is a drug pusher and once he gets you addicted your money is the only thing that stands between you and your demise. The staff is rude, the manager is lazy and rude, the doctor does a poor exam and then just writes you a perscription for whatever you want. Gregory White has been investigated and closed down. If its drugs you seek he is the right doctor. If it is a real doctor go anywhere else.

|  "Dr. Death"  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2012

I cannot believe that this man is still liscensed and able to practice in Redding! He is nothing but a legal drug pusher! He tries to convince his patients that they can NEVER get off of the medication that he has prescribed them. He spends about two minutes with you before the scripts are written. I was a patient for six years, and was never even given a simple blood test to check organ function! The staff are the rudest people that I have ever come into contact with. Cold blooded toward the patients, and threatening to those who wish to get help. I can,t believe that this man is allowed to practice medicine after the deaths, and severe complications under his care! The D.A needs to get involved and launch a investigation on White!! How many more lives must be destroyed, and families torn apart before our system does something other than put this whacko on probation! I am a living testament that this man is doing more harm than good. I wish all the concerned people would stand together and make sure that this guy is unable to practice medicine ever again! Kind of funny how he isn't even allowed in a hospital, and only a handful of pharmacies will fill his prescriptions!! How many more victims will it take before law enforcement acts like nothing is happening??

|  Worst doctor and even worse staff  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

I had to wait for 3 hours to see a nurse practitioner that only took 2 minutes. Over charge my insurance and me by billing my insurance for services that I never had. The rudest staff ever that could care less about you and I hear them talking crap about other patients after they leave. And anyone who says he is good are just getting opiate based drugs cause they are junkies or they are selling them on the street for money. Hope the police get him soon cause I know they are on to him.

|  Anthony Racadio  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

FYI, Tony sells his Methidone and Norcos that you presribe him to minors. He also trades his pills for zanex and other pills. There is an investigation and hopefully soon enough, he will be caught before someone is hurt. Please take this into consideration before someone dies of an overdose. Thank you!

|  Poor Time Management  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

I wouldn't know how good of a doctor he really is since i only saw him once. I saw his nurse practitioner at all of my appointments following my first. She is nice but I kind of feel like she is always in a hurry cause they are ALWAYS HOURS behind! I don't know why my appointments take so long when you only spend five minutes with the NP???

|  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

Dr White and his staff is getting way better than it used to be in the past. I feel they should get the pre-authorizations out as quick as they want their share of cost money!!! Its NOT that hard, just fill out a piece of paper!!

|  One of the most compassionate doctors Ive ever met!  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

One of the most compassionate doctors Ive ever met! The office has REALLY change for the BETTER in the last 4-5 months, staff is courteous and professional and yes, there is a wait, it is better, but the wait is understandable as there just arent many chronic pain management physicians in this area!! To the new management- keep up the good work!!!!

|  good clinic for pain mgt and psychiatric problems  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

good staff, good Doctor and good Nurse Practitioner. Location is very convenient.

|  my opinion  |  show details
by J.J.O. on Feb 21st, 2011

Ill tell you ive been with doc for 5 yrs now and hes givin me my life back! i can function like a normal human. go to my kids events w/out being in mind bending pain. Thank the Lord he has the guts to treat ppl who need help, cuz ill tell ya most docs aroumd this town wouldnt give a crap if you hurt,they just think "junkie" and bye-bye.Doc has allowed me to work again, train again and most of asll, get out and live among everyone else instead of being a prison in my own home and body as well as a slave to pain. NO MORE! thank you doc. hang in there.

|  Cattle Herder  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2010

Easy to get an appointment, but when you arrive the wait is usually 1-2 hrs then dealing with a waiting room full of stoned out drug addicted patients still waiting to see him. The staff is usually stand offish with the exception of the lady in the testing area- she is pleasant. When you get to see Dr White he gives you the 1 minute exam and asks "are you taking the medicine" then starts writing your script. Many people I have talked to never get drug tested but I was tested every visit and thought that was strange. My 1st visit he convinced me to start Methadone which is his mainstreem RX and Norco. The dosages he prescribes to all the people I know now from there including myself has a HUGE addiction factor and unbelievable that anyone could be able to function on the extreme amounts. He also has legal problems out the ass and is under close investigations. This last month I have heard that he now is testing everyone and does transcribing reports while you are there. I am glad I did not take the amounts given to me and when he terminated our relationship I could have severely withdrawn from the dangerous drug addiction he put upon me had I taken that ridiculous amount all along. I could have faked my pain in order to get these drugs that the drug users in Shasta County are raving over. What an idiot he is and I believe he is using some kind of drugs himself and his staff too. BEWARE!! I would never recommend him to anyone except the DEA to shut him down!

|  Time Management  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2010

Your time management is poor, my wife has to wait over a hour at times and this is unprofessional, you heard people through like cattle.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by Daniel DeArman on Jan 27th, 2010

I was a patient of Dr. White. He understood what I was going through and helped me so much. Right now I am not under his care because I decided to manage my pain by myself. However, things were so much better when I saw Dr. White. I am seriously considering going back to see him, I know I need his help. I you have chronic pain then Dr. White is the man to see. He can help you and possibly change the quality of your life.

|  UST OPERATOR  |  show details
by T.C. on Aug 22nd, 2009

GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER AND POLITE SEEMS CAREFULL ABOUT SPOTTING ABUSERS AND DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HIM JUDGEING YOU MY CONDITION IS NON OPERABLE SO HE KEEPS ME WORKING, GREAT DR.