Dr. James Gallentine MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 1st, 2016
Total Knee Replacement
1.5 years after total knee replacement I started to experience swelling in my knee and lots of pain. After several return trips to Dr. Gallentine, he advised I get a second opinion. Dr. that gave the second opinion said the replacement knee that was used is not one he would have used on a younger person such as myself. It is very loose and that is causing the swelling and discomfort. 2.5 years later, I'm looking at replacing my knee again.

August 26th, 2015
Excellent surgeon!

July 13th, 2013
Failed hip revision
Dr. Gallentine performed hip revision surgery for me contrary to what we had agreed on prior to my surgery, and cut or broke my trochanter bone while removing a perfectly stable femoral stem. He did not tell me that he was unqualified to perform the procedure without removing my femoral stem, so that I could have gotten a second opinion. Then he made the situation worse by not telling me anything about the broken bone following my surgery, and dismissed me with a 2/3 year followup while I still couldn't walk without giving me an honest answer for the unsuccessful outcome following the surgery, I was left struggling, trying to walk for more than a year until another surgeon discovered the broken bone. This has cost me a second surgery, and more than two years of my life, much of it in a wheel chair, and many months in a rehab hospital. I now have permanent damage to my knee from trying to walk with a broken bone in my kip, damage to my shoulders from trying to walk with limited or non-weight baring for more than two years, and I am finally now trying to regain some of my previous strength and stamina, which I may never fully recover. My leg is also nearly 3/4 of an inch too long.

March 6th, 2013
My son has had numerous breaks from wrist to ankle and Dr. Gallentine has treated him for every one. Dr Gallentine has taken the time to check things out and talk with both me and my son. He has made sure that we knew what to expect and how long things would take to heal. He has always gone the extra mile and understands kids and the precautions you need to take when dealing with kids. I always recommend Dr. Gallentine.