A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Geiger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Geiger is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Geiger, MD is board certified in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Brain Injuries
- Critical Care
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Injuries
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Geiger graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland.
Dr. Geiger has 15 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- St. Vincent Mercy Children's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Geiger accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 9 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Paramount Healthcare - 13 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James D. Geiger practice?
Dr. James Geiger practices Pediatrics, Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care near Toledo, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Ann Arbor, MI and Lansing, MI.
See Toledo Pediatricians, Toledo Surgeons, and Toledo Pediatric Surgeons.