A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Geiger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Geiger is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Geiger
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Geiger Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Geiger, MD is board certified in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Brain Injuries
- Critical Care
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Injuries
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Geiger graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Geiger has 15 hospital affiliations:
- St. John Hospital & Medical Center
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James D Geiger MD is a male Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. James D. Geiger practice?
- Dr. James Geiger has 1 office location.
Dr. James Geiger practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care near Royal Oak, MI.
See Royal Oak Surgeons and Royal Oak Pediatric Surgeons.