A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Gillespie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Gillespie is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gillespie
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Gillespie Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Gillespie, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Gillespie graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus.
Dr. Gillespie has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Sumner Regional Medical Center
- Hendersonville Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Robert Gillespie MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James R. Gillespie practice?
- Dr. James Gillespie has 1 office location.
Dr. James Gillespie practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Hendersonville, TN.
See Hendersonville Internists and Hendersonville Gastroenterologists.