A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Gillespie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Gillespie is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gillespie
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gillespie Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Gillespie, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Gillespie graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus.
Dr. Gillespie has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Sumner Regional Medical Center
- Hendersonville Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Robert Gillespie MD is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James R. Gillespie practice?
- Dr. James Gillespie has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Gillespie practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Hendersonville, TN.
See Hendersonville Internists and Hendersonville Gastroenterologists.