Dr. James Gluck Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Gluck?

April 22nd, 2016

My son had a nasty displaced clavicle fx. Dr. Gluck and his PA were amazing. They come no better!

October 14th, 2015

poor results

Office visits were curt, short, not at all explaining anything. Had hand surgery and one finger actually came out worse---another didn't hold, didn't want to take pins out unless "they bothered me"; they are currently nearly protruding through skin. Overall poor with no explanation as to why some didn't take. I would think some people probably have good results with him; I did NOT. Am seeking other Dr. for further work and correction work.

July 29th, 2015

Poor care

Doesn't have time to awns er questions. Flat out said,"sorry to rush but you aren't the only one with a hand injury. That should make you feel better that others are in your boat." That was after spending a maximum of 1 minute in the room.

May 4th, 2015

Dr. Gluck is an amazing surgeon, extremely knowledable.

September 24th, 2014

I loved Dr. Gluck, don't understand some of these reviews. My broken arm was a little different so he personally set it. Very personable. Recently gave me an injection that I was very afraid of. He did it slowly and completely pain free.

September 23rd, 2014

Wow, this is not the doctor I saw. Went to him two years ago with a broken wrist. There was something a little off with my fracture, so instead of the nurse setting it, he did and held it himself. He was very personable and informative with us. I was very impressed with him. Now two years later. I have a very painful thumb joint. We thought fracture or torn ligaments, but just a painful strain. I am deathfully afraid of needles, but my thumb is hurting so bad, no choice. He gave me the cortisoid injection. First gave me some numbing stuff and then the actual injection. I can truthfully say, no pain. I think he is the best doctor you could get!

October 8th, 2013

Thru the years-WHAT HAPPENED?????

I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR. GLUCK SINCE THE 90'S, HE WAS WONDERFUL AND TOOK PLENTY OF TIME WITH ME AND MY SHOULDER SURGERY ISSUES. HE OPERATED FOR THE 2ND. TIME IN 2010 ON THE SAME SHOULDER. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIS PRACTICE BUT IT IS TERRIBLE AND IF IT WAS POSSIBLE I WOULD GIVE IT A MINUS STAR. HE WAS SHORT, CURT, AND KEPT CHANGING HIS MIND ON WHAT HE NEEDED TO DO. THIS WAS TO BE MY 3RD. SHOULDER SURGERY. BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT KIND OF THING. I GOT MORE HELP FROM HIS PA AND HIS NURSE CINDY. I SCHEDULED MY SURGERY 3 MONTHS IN ADVANCE AND HE AT THE VERY LAST MINUTE (TRUTHFULLY) CANCELLED ME TWICE. AND HE NEVER FACE TO FACE OR BY PHONE TOLD ME WHY, AND THE HOSPITAL WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL, THEY CALLED ME AND ASKED ME WHY I WAS NOT THERE FOR MY SURGERY. CINDY IS ALL BUSINESS BUT SHE WAS VERY KIND AND CARING TO ME. AS IT TURNS OUT THREE OTHERS I KNOW WENT TO HIM RECENTLY AND THOUGHT HE WAS RUDE, AND ARROGANT AND TERRIBLE AND THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY SURGERY DONE. THEY ALL FIGURED THIS OUT BEFORE IT WAS TIME TO CUT. AND HE IS NOT THE BEST SHOULDER DR. IN WICHITA, I HAVE SINCE HAD MY REPLACEMENT DONE BY THE BEST IN WICHITA.

April 23rd, 2012

Amazing doctor! Such a caring man and really personable. Pieced my elbow back together and it feels almost normal with all the new hardware!

January 23rd, 2012

Good caring doctor

I think that Dr. Gluck is very nice and his staff is very good.

August 3rd, 2011

God Complex

Dr. Gluck did a shoulder surgery for me twice. Shoulder is GREAT! Bad news though Dr. Gluck carries himself and projects an attitude of superiority. My second surgery with Dr. Gluck scheduled 3 months in advance I was called the week before and told he was going on vacation and I would have to be rescheduled, bad deal for someone who was working. Now I have been trying to get a release from my sergury 2 years ago so I can go to a new job. It has been like pulling teeth to get him to sign a piece of paper. Which they charge $10 for, although I would gladly pay it to get this piece of paper so I can start a new job. Overall the feeling that I get from this Doctor is one of 'I am God and everything I do is right.'. I don't have a hard time believing he made someone cry. He berated me for haveing torn up "HIS work" on my shoulder from the first surgery. Overall he is the best Shoulder Doc in Wichita KS, but... be prepared because he knows it and could care less about this review, what I think and what other people think. So go to him if you want it done right, just be prepared for the worst experience with a doctor you have ever had.

April 3rd, 2011

My hand was worse after surgery

February 7th, 2011

Very Rude

I don't know what happened to this dr. since these good reviews but I had just the opposite experience. Most of my time was with a PA and only about a minute with the dr. When I came back for follow up and I told him that his advice didn't work, he got mad. Berated me and was extremely rude. I cried the whole way home and will NEVER set foot in that place again. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!